HOW TO ENTER
This competition is organised by Time Out Digital Limited (“Time Out”) in association with Haywards picked vegetables (“Prize Provider”). We want you to answer the multiple choice question correctly to be in with a chance of winning (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form between December 12 and January 11 for your chance to be selected to win a luxurious European weekend break with Haywards pickled vegetables (the “Competition”).
HOW IT WORKS
Complete your Entry by answering the multiple choice question correctly. The correct answers will be entered into a random ballot from which the winner will be drawn.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Competition begins on December 12 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on January 11 (the “End Date”).
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and the Prize Provider, its agents, contractors and their family members.
3. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
5. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
6. The winner will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email within two (2) days from the End Date of Competition.
7. The winner will be selected at random from a ballot which comprises all the correct answers.
8. The prize package includes a luxurious European weekend break, a meal at a top restaurant and £250 spending money (the “Prize Package”)
9. All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry
10. The winners may be required to participate in publicity which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
11. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified
12. The Prize Package will be provided by Time Out London.
13. The winner will be notified using the contact information submitted when uploading their Entry. The Winner may be asked to provide identification. Any Winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
14. The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out Digital Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to email@example.com by January 15 2016.
15. Time Out’s selection of the winner is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
17. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and the Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value
19. Time Out accepts no responsibility if the Prize Provider refuses to redeem the prize.
20. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or the Prize Provider and which prevents Time Out and/or the Prize Provider from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out nor the Prize Provider will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
21. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
22. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
23. The Competition promoter is Time Out Digital Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Digital Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
24. The Promoter shall administer the Competition and allocate the Prize as follows and shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions shall contain terms that give effect to the Prize Conditions set out below. The Promoter shall ensure that all entrants to the competition are notified of and accept the Prize Conditions before entering the Competition and again before accepting a Prize.
- Prize package for 2 people includes:
- Hamper with a selection of Haywards Pickled Vegetables
- Return flights from London to Berlin, Barcelona, Budapest, Copenhagen, Lisbon, Milan, Nice, Paris, Rome or Stockholm in standard class (Choose 1)
- Return airport transfers for 2 in winner’s chosen city
- 3 nights’ luxury hotel accommodation (4* min) for 2 in winner’s chosen city, based on sharing a double/twin room
- Daily breakfast for 2
- Three-course dinner and drinks for 2 at a top restaurant in winner’s chosen city, up to the value of £75pp for one night
- City sightseeing tour of winner’s chosen city, led by expert local guide
- £250 spending money
- Travel insurance
Flights available from major international airports in London only. Winner and guest must have full passport valid for at least 6 months at time of travel. Any necessary visas are responsibility of winner and guest.
A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into the hotel; Where provided, travel insurance is subject to restrictions and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider.
It is the responsibility of the winner and/or their companion(s) to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition and for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner and/or their companion(s) are aged 74 or over.
Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable; No cash alternative is available; Prize is subject to availability; Travel is excluded from 22nd December 2015 - 2nd January 2016 (Christmas and New Year), UK bank holidays, or over Easter Sunday.
Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and travel must be booked and completed within that time frame; All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time; Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended.
Winner and guest must be aged 18 or over; The prize excludes domestic ground transfers; The prize excludes meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize; Winners must give at least 6 weeks' notice in order to book.
Tongue and Brisket Farringdon
Located at the end of Leather Lane Market close to Holborn road, Tongue and Brisket offers an array of hearty lunchtime sandwiches and bagels including salt beef and tongue. During World War II, Londoners complained about American GIs in Britain by saying they were ‘oversexed, overpaid, and over here.’ London has recently been swamped by another American horde: themed restaurants in the lower price brackets. You can hardly walk down any major thoroughfare without spotting a new burger/barbecue/pizza/chicken joint/deli. The problem? They’re too often overhyped, overpriced, and overrated. The complaints don’t apply to Tongue and Brisket, even though its menu bears a resemblance to New York deli food. It’s a reminder that London has its own long-standing tradition of northern-European Jewish cooking, and that we don’t need to ape the delis of Murray Hill or Williamsburg. Tongue and Brisket keeps its menu very short – a few sandwiches, a few soups, a few sides, a few puddings. I was raised on this kind of food, and I am delighted to report that T&B does everything just right. The brisket (aka salt beef) is brined with skill, cooked to melt-in-the-mouth tenderness, and sliced – as it should be – with its outer layer of fat intact. A sandwich costs £4.90, and it’s of tasteful but filling size. But there’s more here than salt beef. The tongue sandwich is just as good, also meltingly soft and supremely flavourful. Pickles are fine. Chicken noodle soup with a diminutive matzo bal
Venue says: “The home-cured, hand-carved meat at Tongue and Brisket is a tribute to salt beef sandwiches done simply and perfectly..”