1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by telephone, email or post within two weeks of the closing date.
12. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
13. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB. 1) Triathlon Homes will award the winner £6,000, which is the amount calculated from an estimate of the average Londoner's costs from rent, utilities, travel, groceries and other bills such as phone, gym, insurance etc. over one year.
2) The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
3) Once the winner has been randomly selected, Triathlon Homes will make contact with them within one week of the competition ending to arrange delivery of the prize money.
4) The prize money will be delivered to the winner within one month of this contact.
The south-west of France, it would seem from Comptoir Gascon’s menu, is not a good place to be a pig or a duck – or a vegetarian, for that matter. This bistro/deli, like its haute-cuisine big brother Club Gascon round the corner, specialises in the cuisine of Gascony: richer than Depardieu and earthier than Gainsbourg. The aforementioned porkers and quackers appear in various dishes – grilled duck hearts, crackling with duck egg, duck confit – while starters include the must-order ‘piggy treats’, a charcuterie board with saucisson, pâté, rillettes and slivers of cured tongue. Mains don’t let up on the meat: there are several preparations of foie gras, rabbit and veal kidney (although cod with lavender-scented tomato compote was light and aromatic). Rustic, yes, but sophisticated too, and every dish comes with a bold whack of flavour. The wine list is exclusively focused on south-west France, meaning this is a great place to explore the area’s native lesser-seen grapes, such as courbu or manseng. The oddly shaped space is stripped back to brick in that typical Farringdon way, but manages to be cosy and welcoming, especially in the evening when twinkling candles add a touch of romance.
Venue says: “Every second Tuesday we are hosting 'Gascony Night', serving great French classics in Comptoir Gascon style - three course menu at £25pp.”