I am duly authorised to submit this film to Time Out and the East End Film Festival. I have read and understood the submission regulations and procedures and agree to comply with them in all respects. To the best of my knowledge all of the information is correct. I certify that all rights and clearances have been obtained and that this film is not subject to any litigation and is not threatened by any litigation.
I will not withdraw the film from Time Out and the East End Film Festival after I have been notified of its selection. I hold Time Out and the East End Film Festival harmless from damage or loss of the print or tape en-route to and from the festival. I agree that, if selected for the festival, accredited press and industry can view the submitted film online until the end of the festival on 25 June 2013.
I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally warrant, confirm and agree: to indemnify Time Out and the East End Film Festival and to keep Time Out and the East End Film Festival fully indemnified from and against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages and demands however arising with respect to any actual or alleged breach or non-performance of the undertakings, warranties or obligations under this agreement.
I have read the submission guidelines and procedures and the submission agreement (*)
1. By entering this competition, you agree to receive relevant communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
2. Competition begins Friday April 25 and closes at midnight on Friday May 16.
3. The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out, East End Film Festival and YouTube.
4. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
5. By uploading your film, you understand that you are entering the competition and agree to the competition rules. Time Out reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if they have reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the rules.
6. Copyright in all films submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting a film to the competition, they grant Time Out and East End Film Festival each royalty free useage of the film.
7. A film that has won a prize in another film competition is not eligible.
8. All entries must be submitted by the original creator of the film who must be the exclusive owner of all films submitted by him/her to the competition.
9. The winner may be required to participate in publicity relating to the promotion which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
10. It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain any publication rights and/or release rights before films are entered into the competition. Time Out London, East End Film Festival and YouTube will not accept any responsibility for the publication of films which do not have publication rights and/or release rights cleared by the filmmaker. Publication rights and/or release rights may need to be cleared by the filmmaker if they include the names, likenesses, photographs, films or similar of any individual without their express permission.
11. All films considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
12. The competition prizes will be provided by East End Film Festival. A selection of the best films will be screened at a one-off series of screenings at pop-up venues across London on Saturday May 31. The maker of the best film will receive two VIP Golden Tickets to the East End Film Festival 2014 (June 13-25), an overnight stay in the five-star boutique Andaz Liverpool Street hotel, luxury car pick-up and a weekend brunch in east London.
13. The winning films will be chosen by a panel of judges including East End Film Festival director Alison Poltock, Time Out film editor Dave Calhoun and YouTube star Benjamin Cook, based on quality, originality and closeness to the ‘My London’ brief.
14. Winners will be notified using the contact information they submitted when uploading their film. Winners may be asked to provide identification. Winners not contactable or who fail to return contact within three days after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
15. The names and counties of the winners may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating for which competition you would like winners’ details to Time Out, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB or by email to email@example.com by 30 May 2014.
16. Judging panels shall include a member who is independent of Time Out and East End Film Festival and whose details will be made available upon written request.
17. The judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
19. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and East End Film Festival reserve the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
20. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or East End Film Festival and which prevents Time Out and/or East End Film Festival from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out and/or East End Film Festival will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
21. By entering this competition you agree to TV broadcasts of your film for promotional purposes, consent for your film or an extract to be shown in a press screening, consent for a short clip or still images of your work being used on the East End Film Festival and Time Out websites, and agree to your film being included in other East End Film Festival events and promotional and marketing materials.
22. This competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. By entering the competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this competition.
24. The competition promoter is Time Out Magazine Limited of Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Magazine Limited.