Paul Jackson Quartet/Randy Brecker

Music, Jazz
0 Love It
Save it
Session trumpet legend and famed sibling Brecker came to prominence with Blood Sweat And Tears, Horace Silver's quintet and Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers in the late ’60s, before leading the seminal fusion outfit Dreams with his brother Michael. Here he joins bassist Jackson for an evening of oh-so-funky jazz fusion.


Event website:
To improve this listing email:

Average User Rating

5 / 5

Rating Breakdown

  • 5 star:1
  • 4 star:0
  • 3 star:0
  • 2 star:0
  • 1 star:0
1 person listening

It appeared to be a 98% full house at Ronnie Scott's last night. The remaining 2% who decided not to brave the miserable weather would be regretting it this morning if they new what they'd missed. Messrs Jackson and Brecker understand one another entirely, delivering a tight and powerful concoction of jazz funk to excite and bring to the boil and audience. There is no less of an understanding from keyboard player Xantone Blacq who delivered a mesmerising performance and some none too shabby vocals. This, plus the expert percussive talents of Parisienne Tony Hatch who utilised pretty much every inch of his kit including stands and wing nuts to add his support to this (in my humble opinion) faultless set. Note to self! "Don't ever miss these guys when they are in town". There's live music and then there's Randy Brecker.