1. These terms and conditions (“Rules”) apply to an Event featured by Time Out on its online website to participate to the Sony Run Event (“Run Event”). By taking participation to the Run Event, entrants (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) agree to be subject to these Rules. Time Out reserves the right to cancel or amend the Run Event, or the Rules at any time without prior notice and any changes will be binding on You. Any changes will be posted on its online website. The Promoter of the Run Event is Time Out Digital Limited, 4th floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8AD.
2. There is no purchase requirement to take participation to the Run Event. There is no charge to register with Time Out website when You enter your participation into the Run Event online (internet). Entrants are responsible for the cost of their connection to the Run Event web page via the Internet. Time Out does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Run Event web page or website.
3. Entry into Run Event. You can choose to make an Entry to one or all of the following Run Event as per the following deadlines:
- Run Event #1 “Icon to Icon Run”: The entry into the Run Event 1 (“Sign Up”) starts on 3 February 2015 and will end on 10 February 2015 at 11.45pm British Time. The selected participants (“Participants”) will be notified by Time Out on 11 February 2015 by email.
- Run Event #2 “Morning Rave Run”: The Sign Up starts on 3 February 2015 and will end on 24 February 2015 at 11.45pm British Time. The Participants will be notified by Time Out on 25 February 2015 by email.
- Run Event #3 “City Lights Run”: The Sign Up starts on 3 February 2015 and will end on 8 March 2015 at 11.45pm British Time. The Participants will be notified by Time Out on 9 March 2015 by email.
4. You are allowed to make one single entry and select up to two places in each Run Event (“Entry” or “Entries”). An Entry is allowed online (“Online Entry” or “Online Entries”). Online Entries should be made online via the Internet to the Time Out website on the Event web page and Entrants should enter into the Run Event of their choice. You understand that all Entries submitted to Time Out automatically become the property of Time Out.
5. By taking participation into the Run Event You hereby warrant that all information submitted by You is true, current and complete. Time Out reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants. The contact details you provide with your Entry may be used to send any prizes or information related to the Run Event so you need to make sure it is correct. Time Out does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, invalid or illegible Entries.
6. Each Run Event is open only to legal residents in the United Kingdom, who are at least the minimum age of 18 years old. Employees of Time Out, its agents, contractors and their family members, or any third party related to the administration of the Run Event, are not eligible to take participation into the Run Event.
7. Participant Selection: Participants will be selected randomly from all Entries received by received by Time Out at the end of each Event sign-up deadline' as notified under section 3 above. Time Out will be selecting a maximum of 50 Participants for each Run Event. The Participant will be contacted by Time Out by email as per the notification date indicated for each Run Event in section 3 above and is required to confirm its participation to the Run Event within 24 hours from receipt of such email notification from Time Out. If Time Out is unable to contact a selected Participant to confirm its participation to the selected Run Event, Time Out reserves the right to select another Participant in accordance with these Rules.
Time Out shall have no liability to previously selected Participant who has not responded on time. Time Out reserves the right to ask the Participant to provide a proof of age and/or country of residence. Participant may be announced on Time Out website for at least thirty (30) days’ after the Participant has been selected and as such Time Out will have the right (without additional permission) to use their names, age and town/city for that purpose and they may be requested by Time Out to participate in post-event publicly both in paper and online.
8. Run Event #1 “Icon to Icon Run” Details: • Run Date: Sunday 15th February • Meet time for check-in & warm up: 3.30pm • Run Start Time: 4.00pm • Run Distance: 9km • Run Start point: Shutterbug, Shoreditch • Run End point: Shutterbug, Shoreditch
9. Run Event #2 “Morning Rave Run”: Details: • Run Date: Tuesday 3 March 2015 • Meet time for check-in & warm up: 6.45am • Run Start Time: 7.15am • Run Distance: 6km • Run Start point: The Ace Hotel, Shoreditch • Run End point: The Vaults, Waterloo
10. Run Event #3 “City Lights Run”: Details: • Run Date: Sunday 15 March 2015 • Meet time for check-in & warm up: 4.15pm • Run Start Time: 4.45pm • Run Distance: 6km • Run Start point: Parkour Generations, Trinity Buoy Wharf • Run End point: The Royal Observatory, Greenwich
11.1 Unfortunately, mobility scooters and wheelchairs are not allowed to take part into the Run Event. The health and safety of our Participants is very important to Time Out and we cannot guarantee that each type of mobility scooter or wheelchair will be able to manoeuvre all Run Event routes. Also Participants cannot participate to the Run Event with prams/strollers.
11.2 All Participants who take part in the Run Event should comply with the instructions given by Time Out Run Event managers’ and officials onsite of the Run Event. 11.3 For health reasons, Participants arriving late to the Run Event site must abide by instructions and decisions of Time Out Run Event manager or their representatives or officials.
11.4 For health and safety reasons Time Out reserves the right to refuse latecomers to take part into the Run Event.
11.5 Time Out reserves the right to change or modify the Run Event route to accommodate any unexpected complications on the Run Event day that may have an impact on the Participants, Time Out staff involved in the management of the Run Event, spectators, officials, health and safety staff.
11.6 Time Out reserves the right to refuse entry to Participants who try to take part in the wrong Run Event or start time without approval.
12.1 Time Out asks that all Participants, supporters and spectators do not use aggressive or abusive language towards Time Out staff involved in the organisation of the Run Event, marshals, officials, health and safety staff and any volunteers.
12.2 Time Out asks and requires that all Participants, supporters and spectators use public litter receptacles and recycling facilities available within the venues of the Run Event route and around the Run event site.
12.3 Time Out reserves right to ask Participants to leave the Run Event if they do not comply with these Rules.
13. Health and Safety and Medical.
13.1 Any Participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in a Run Event must seek medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the Run Event. It is not advisable for pregnant women to participate in a Run Event, and it is recommended that they should consult their General Practitioner before taking part in one of Time Out’s Run Event. Participants with any medical conditions agree where appropriate to carry with them the relevant details of the condition and their name, address and emergency phone number contact details.
13.2 Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire (including footwear) when taking part in a Run Event, taking into account the nature of the Run Event, the weather forecast and the terrain involved. When running in the dark Participants should take responsibility for making themselves highly visible by wearing bright clothing, preferably with fluorescent or reflective strips, and be aware that drivers may find it difficult to see you.
13.3 First aid will be provided at the Run Event site. Participants shall familiarise themselves with any individuals who have a recognised emergency first aid qualification, in particular the four run leaders who are first aid qualified. Participants will run in small groups. Time Out recommends that whenever reasonably possible, one member of the group carries a mobile phone. In the event of an incident, Participants should first check if anyone is injured and locate an emergency first aider. It is advisable for at least one Participant to stay with the injured person, who should not be moved unless their location is immediately life threatening. If appropriate, emergency services should be contacted using 112 from a mobile phone as it will record your location; alternatively use 999. Finally, a Time Out Run Event manager or run leader should be informed as soon as is practically possible by contacting them directly in order that relatives can be informed and incident records made.
13.5 In the case of an emergency, Participants agree that Time Out may pass the personal details provided by a Participant to the emergency services and/or health care professionals, and use them for the purposes of contacting a participant’s emergency contact.
13.6 Time Out will take all reasonable steps to minimize the risk of injury to Participants during the Run Event. By taking part in an Event, all participants acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact Time Out before agreeing to take part in a Run Event.
13.7 Time Out reserves the right to refuse entry to a Run Event if for whatever reason it deems a person unfit to take part.
14. Photography and use of Social Media:
14.1 Time Out will arrange for a professional photographer to attend each Run Event and take photographs at the Run Event site. By taking part to any Run event, You agree and consent to Time Out to capture your name and any, stills or photographs taken during the Run Events to be used by Time Out Digital Limited (and our authorised service providers and agents) and Sony Mobile Communications Inc. ('Sony') for commercial and advertising purposes including but not limited to, advertising, publications, marketing material, and other documents that may be made available to the public through Time Out and Sony social media account. Photographs of children will not be used in the manner described above without a parent or legal guardian’s consent. However, we may use images where children are incidentally included, for example, of mass participation in the warm-up exercises or on the starting line. No personal details (including names) of an under 18-year-old participant will be used in any publicity materials without the written consent of the parent or legal guardian.
14.2 During each Run Event, You may take photographs yourself and share them through the use of Twitter and/or Instagram. You understand and acknowledge that the use of such social media services is subject to their terms and conditions. Time Out is not responsible for the posting and use of your photographs shared Twitter and/or Instagram (or other social network if applicable).
You warrant and represent that any Content submitted by You to Us for the purpose of the Run Event shall be taken by You. You understand and undertake that any Content you submit to Us will not infringe intellectual property rights, copyrights, registered or unregistered trademark or proprietary rights of any third parties and any applicable Copyright and trademark regulations and laws. You understand that you are responsible for the Content you provide to Time Out and you warrant and represent that any Content you submit to Us has been taken with the requisite written consent from any third party pictures or referenced if and where required by applicable law (including but not limited to video, audio, photos or any third party trademark or logos). If requested by Time Out, you agree to provide a written legal release for the use of the Content in a form that is satisfactory to Us. You understand that your Content must not defame or invade publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon legal rights. You understand that Time Out reserves the right to reject any submitted Content it considers in its sole discretion to be immoral, objectionable, obscene, and profane or in violation of these Rules. You remain the owner of any copyrights into the submitted Content.
By taking part into the Run Event , you hereby grant Time Out and Sony (and any of their affiliated companies) without further consideration or notification to or permission from, you or any third party, a worldwide royalty-free perpetual license to publish and produce your Content in its trade, advertising or promotion materials in any media, owned and operated and or licensed websites, mobile application for the purpose of administering, promoting or otherwise using to advertise the Run Event in relation to the Run Event and/or for other purposes described in the Run Event. For these purposes, You hereby irrevocably waive all moral rights under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and all similar rights in other jurisdictions) which you have or will have in the submitted Content. The Prize is non-transferable. No cash alternative is available for the Prize. In the unlikely event that the prize should become unavailable, Time Out reserves the right to substitute a prize which it reasonably determines as being of equal value. Some event mays occur and render the awarding of the Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Time Out and Time Out is not responsible for any cancellation of the Prize by the Prize Provider.
16.1 You understand that the Time out website is subject to our website Terms and Conditions available at the following site: http://www.timeout.com/london/terms
16.2 All participants enter into a Run Event entirely at their own risk. Time Out shall not be liable for any injury or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in a Run Event, other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of Time Out’ negligence.
16.3 All spectators and supporters attending a Run Event do so entirely at their own risk. Time Out shall not be liable for any injury or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their attendance to a Run Event, other that in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of Time Out’s negligence.
18. Jurisdiction. The Event, and the Rules, will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now