Time Out says
A perennial favourite with those working in the West End due to low membership rates, a large cardio theatre, a functional training zone, free weights room, cycle studio and up-to-date resistance training equipment. It isn't glamorous but that's not the point here; Central YMCA provides every possible type of workout and activity from boxing to bellydancing, taught to a very high standard (YMCA Fitness Industry Training is an industry leader and many of its graduates instruct here). A good 25-metre pool is divided for lane swimming; there's also a chapel, therapies and a decent café to boot.
112 Great Russell St
|Transport:||Tube: Tottenham Ct Rd|
|Do you own this business?|
Users say (9)
Average User Rating
4.3 / 5
- 5 star:4
- 4 star:2
- 3 star:2
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Great swimming pool not too busy at lunchtime on weekdays.
On the downside, very rude swimming "instructors" will change the swimming pattern in your lane without telling you and then talk to you like you were a stupid 5-year-old because you did not read the freshly moved sign while swimming. I mean, I would not talk to a 5-year-old like this, but I guess everyone is not equal in terms of respecting others and treating customers decently.
A big leisure centre with lots of great facilities. I mainly use this gym for classes, such as spin and kettlebells. YMCA has good quality equipment, a range of classes and great friendly personal trainers. Changing rooms are large and theres hair dryers/straightners. It's a shame about the towel charge and poor quality showers.
Best gym in the center of the town.. Just a couple of minutes walking distance from the station.. Very big badminton area, swimming pool..
- Central location 2 minutes from Tottenham Court Road station
- Huge Area
- Good Free weights section
- Lots of classes to choose from
- Lots of variety in cardio machines
- 25 metre swimming pool
- Unisex Steam and Sauna rooms close to the swimming pool
- The gym is split over several floors and each have a water fountain.
- There is a large central floor space at the bottom floor for group classes
- There are many different studio room dedicated for exercise bikes, yoga, dance, barre classes etc
- Too crowded at times
- The reception area is always crowded as they have to deal with too many people
- Just 3 toilet rooms in the mens changing area and they are heavily used. With cheap toilet tissues
- The shower rooms are great, but however the partitions separating the cubicles are not low enough you may get splashed by the water/soap from near by shower cubicle
- There is a children’s changing area, but it gets frequently occupied by adults.
- There is no internet in the gym and since the gym is mostly located in the basement of the building we don’t get mobile signals on the lower two floors.
Snap up exclusive discounts in London
Time Out's handpicked deals — hurry, they won't be around for long...