A perennial favourite with those working in the West End due to low membership rates, a large cardio theatre, a functional training zone, free weights room, cycle studio and up-to-date resistance training equipment. It isn't glamorous but that's not the point here; Central YMCA provides every possible type of workout and activity from boxing to bellydancing, taught to a very high standard (YMCA Fitness Industry Training is an industry leader and many of its graduates instruct here). A good 25-metre pool is divided for lane swimming; there's also a chapel, therapies and a decent café to boot.
|Venue name:||Central YMCA||Contact:|
112 Great Russell St
|Transport:||Tube: Tottenham Ct Rd|
|Do you own this business?|
You may be interested in:
Average User Rating
4.3 / 5
- 5 star:4
- 4 star:2
- 3 star:2
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Best gym in the center of the town.. Just a couple of minutes walking distance from the station.. Very big badminton area, swimming pool..
- Central location 2 minutes from Tottenham Court Road station
- Huge Area
- Good Free weights section
- Lots of classes to choose from
- Lots of variety in cardio machines
- 25 metre swimming pool
- Unisex Steam and Sauna rooms close to the swimming pool
- The gym is split over several floors and each have a water fountain.
- There is a large central floor space at the bottom floor for group classes
- There are many different studio room dedicated for exercise bikes, yoga, dance, barre classes etc
- Too crowded at times
- The reception area is always crowded as they have to deal with too many people
- Just 3 toilet rooms in the mens changing area and they are heavily used. With cheap toilet tissues
- The shower rooms are great, but however the partitions separating the cubicles are not low enough you may get splashed by the water/soap from near by shower cubicle
- There is a children’s changing area, but it gets frequently occupied by adults.
- There is no internet in the gym and since the gym is mostly located in the basement of the building we don’t get mobile signals on the lower two floors.