Friendly warning! We're working hard to be accurate. But these are unusual times, so please check that events are still happening.
This listed Georgian mansion, former home to the Dukes of Brunswick, was built in 1758 and once stood in three acres of riverside parkland – now it sits in the middle of Vauxhall Cross overshadowed by the massive St George Wharf complex. The building was in a state of disrepair and was on the English Heritage ‘Buildings at Risk’ list until it was acquired by LASSCO (The London Architectural Salvage and Supply Company), which also has a branch in Oxford, in 2004. After the squatters were removed, the building was restored and it’s now used by LASSCO as a premises from which to sell architectural salvage. Members of the public are welcome to visit the restored building for a glimpse of Vauxhall’s elegant past.