This listed Georgian mansion, former home to the Dukes of Brunswick, was built in 1758 and once stood in three acres of riverside parkland – now it sits in the middle of Vauxhall Cross overshadowed by the massive St George Wharf complex. Brunswick House was in a state of disrepair and was on the English Heritage ‘Buildings at Risk’ list until it was acquired by LASSCO (The London Architectural Salvage and Supply Company) in 2004. After the squatters were removed, Brunswick House was restored and it’s now used by LASSCO as a premises from which to sell architectural salvage. Members of the public are welcome to visit the restored building for a glimpse of Vauxhall’s elegant past. The Brunswick House Café (which is more of a restaurant and cocktail bar) is also a big draw for locals.