Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
Terms and Conditions
HOW TO ENTER
This competition is organised by Time Out England Limited (“Time Out”) in association with Heart of London Business Alliance, 175 Piccadilly, London, UK, W1 9EN - 04293930 (“Prize Provider”). Please enter by filling out your details in the relevant form and you will be entered into a ballot, from which a winner will be selected at random (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at https://cloud.info.timeout.com/heart-of-london-afternoon-tea-week-2019 between Aug 12 2019 and Aug 25 2019 for your chance to be selected to win a ‘Peter Rabbit™ Afternoon Tea’ for two at The Terrace on Piccadilly at Le Méridien Piccadilly (the “Competition”).
HOW IT WORKS
Complete your Entry by filling out the relevant details on the entry form and you will be entered into a ballot, from which one winner will be selected at random.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Competition begins at 12.15am on Aug 12 2019 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on Aug 25 2019 (the “End Date”).
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and the Prize Provider, its agents, contractors and their family members.
3. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
5. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
6. The winner will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email within 5 days of the End Date.
7. The winner will be selected at random from a computer generated ballot.
8. The prize package is a ‘Peter Rabbit™ Afternoon Tea’ for two at The Terrace on Piccadilly at Le Méridien Piccadilly. This includes four (4) sandwiches, scones, four (4) pastries and choice of loose-leaf tea (the “Prize Package”).
9. All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
10. The winner may be required to participate in publicity which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
11. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
12. The Prize Package will be provided by Le Méridien Piccadilly and is subject to their terms and conditions available at the end of the terms and conditions [specific terms and conditions].
13. The winner will be notified using the contact information submitted when uploading their Entry. The winner may be asked to provide identification. Any winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
14. The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out England Limited, 77 Wicklow Street, London, WC1X 9JY or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sep 25 2019.
15. Time Out’s selection of the winner is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
17. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and the Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
19. Time Out accepts no responsibility if the Prize Provider refuses to issue the prize.
20. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or the Prize Provider and which prevents Time Out and/or the Prize Provider from complying with the Rules, neither Time Out or the Prize Provider will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
21. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
24. The Competition promoter is Time Out England Limited 77 Wicklow Street, London, WC1X 9JY and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out England Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Afternoon Tea at The Terrace Piccadilly is subject to booking availability and must be redeemed by 20 December 2019. Please note the afternoon tea theme is subject to change. The afternoon tea menu is seasonal and is subject to change. Additional charges incurred outside of the prize will not be accounted for. Prize is not to be combined with any other offers or promotions and is subject to change.
• The Prize Provider accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault. All elements of the prize are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The prize is as stated and excludes travel to and from St James’s.
• Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
• Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry to the prize draw. The promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
• St James’s London, Le Méridien Piccadilly and Heart of London Business Alliance sometimes like to share images of our prize winners enjoying their prize. When this is the case, we will seek relevant consent from the individual.
• Any personal data captured during the course of this promotion will only be processed in accordance with the promoter's fair processing notice available here.
• Any queries should be addressed to email@example.com
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now