1) Please read the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully before accessing or signing up to Postcode Champions. By signing up to Postcode Champions, you agree to become bound immediately by these Terms.
2) These Terms are an extension of, and must be read in conjunction with, Time Out’s standard terms and conditions. You also agree to adhere to these terms, found at http://www.timeout.com/london/terms.
3) By signing up to Postcode Champions you hereby agree to respond to email requests to provide responses to regular surveys in order to provide us information and content for research, digital features or magazine features (the “Postcode Champions Content”) for Time Out in accordance with the Terms.
4) Nothing herein shall be deemed to require Time Out to use or publish the Postcode Champions Content.
5) Time Out shall have and is hereby granted the right to reformat or transfer the Postcode Champions Content into any other media or format as shall be required by Time Out for the full exploitation of the Postcode Champions Content.
6) You warrant that:
- You are over 18;
- You shall not at any time do anything to bring Time Out’s brands, logos, trademarks or reputation (the “Time Out Marks”) into disrepute;
- The Postcode Champions Content is not defamatory, libellous, obscene or otherwise offensive and do not breach the privacy, confidentiality or other statute or common law rights of any third party;
- The Postcode Champions Content includes information which is accurate at the time it is delivered to Time Out;
- The Postcode Champions Content is based on your own experience and genuine opinion;
7) Should you come to believe that any part of the Postcode Champions Content (including any content to which you are linking) might attract complaints and/or legal concerns, you shall notify Time Out as soon as practicable and shall provide such assistance as Time Out requires.
8) Time Out reserves the right to display advertisements on the Postcode Champions Content.
9) Time Out accepts no liability regarding the unauthorised use of the Postcode Champions Content.
10) By agreeing to these Terms you consent to Time Out processing your personal data for legal, administrative and management purposes related to you providing Time Out with the Postcode Champions Content and in order to comply with legal requirements and obligations to third parties. Time Out may make such information available to its affiliates, those who provide products or services to Time Out and its affiliates, partners and third parties’ service providers. You consent to the transfer of your personal data to Time Out and its affiliates outside the European Economic Area in connection with these Terms or if it is in your business interest.
11) You have no authority (and shall not hold yourself out as having authority) to bind Time Out, unless we have specifically permitted this in writing.
12) Pursuant to and for the consideration set out in these Terms, you hereby grant to Time Out the right to use the Postcode Champions Content in all of Time Out’s publications and to license the Postcode Champions Content throughout the world and for the life of the copyright. For the avoidance of doubt, Time Out shall be entitled to use the Postcode Champions Content in all media formats and devices and whether in printed or electronic form including by way of electronic dissemination, broadcast or diffusion and the inclusion of such Postcode Champions Content in any Time Out website. You agree promptly to execute all documents and do all acts as may be necessary, in the opinion of Time Out, to give effect to this paragraph. Notwithstanding the aforesaid you shall be entitled to utilise the Postcode Champions Content for the purpose of the promotion of your services within your personal portfolio.
13) You hereby irrevocably waive all moral rights under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and under the Intellectual Property Act 2014 (and all similar rights in other jurisdictions) which you may have in the Postcode Champions Content.
14) In no event shall Time Out be liable for any losses under these Terms including, without limitation, special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or goodwill, punitive damages, economic loss; loss of business or contracts; loss of anticipated savings, loss of data and their subsequent restoration.
15) You indemnify Time Out against in full and upon demand from and against all costs, losses, demands, claims, damages expenses, judgments, liabilities or awards (including legal fees) that Time Out may suffer resulting from the breach of any representation contained in these Terms.
16) Time Out reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time and will use its reasonable endeavours to make these known to you.
17) Each party shall comply with all applicable law including, without limitation, the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
18) These Terms shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes that arise as a result of these Terms.
19) Time Out reserves the right to modify, update, or discontinue postcode Champions at its sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or incurring any liability