2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by telephone, email or post within two weeks of the closing date.
12. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions
13. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB. 1. Private Course will be available from Mondays to Saturdays, between 10.00 – 18.00.
2. The additional course up to the value of £300 may be redeemed against 1 course only, or can be used towards a course of a higher value.
3. Winners will have up to 3 months to redeem their private course from the day winners are announced.
House of Vans
Taking over what used to be the Old Vic Tunnels, the House of Vans has turned the space below Waterloo station into a hot new destination for skateboarders, and promises a variety of diversions that will also appeal to those with no particular ambition to execute a credible 360 flip. The underground venue is sister to House of Vans Brooklyn where tickets for the free, all-ages summer concerts go like hot baked goods. The London branch also boasts a live music stage, as well as two tunnels’ worth of purpose-built skate park and an art gallery that will open with ‘Scissors & Glue’, an exhibition documenting the brief history of zines (till September 20). There’s a café, bars and cinema space and a regular programme of talks and workshops is planned. Skate sessions are free and open to all ages (there are lessons with The Skateboad School on Saturday mornings) but to be sure of entry book in advance on the House of Vans website where you’ll also find updates on upcoming gigs.