1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, not for resale and cannot be exchanged for cash. All prizes are supplied in good faith, however Time Out Digital Ltd (“The Promoter”) has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
3. Competitions are open to all UK residents aged 18 or over except employees of Time Out, Cancer Research UK, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
4. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, email address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
5. Email entries for competitions should be sent to email@example.com clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering, with your name, email address and daytime telephone number.
6. Entries submitted as per the guidelines stated on the competition page and here in the Terms and Conditions will be judged by members of the Time Out editorial team and Creative Solutions team based on the following criteria: quality of writing, how well the entrant has captured the brief and originality. Supporting hyperlinks demonstrating their photography skills will add weight to their entry. Decisions of the judges relating to the selection of the five winners and all matters relating to this promotion will be final and binding.
7. The closing date for receipt of entries is Sunday May 18 2014 at 11.45pm. The winners will be notified by phone call and e-mail within 48 hours of the competition closing and will be given adequate time to confirm their acceptance of the prize. Entrants who have not won a prize will not receive notification. The Promoter is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including incorrect contact details or technical difficulties associated therewith. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted for any reason, another winner will be selected as per the judging criteria.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse the prize to any applicant and the right to withdraw access at any time and without giving reason.
9. The written text comprising entries and their copyright automatically become the property of Time Out and may be used in any form in Time Out digital and print properties in the future, featured alongside the full name of the entrant. By entering, entrants confirm they personally created, wrote and produced their entry and that their entry has not already been published anywhere else throughout the Universe.
10. Five winning entrants will be entered into the Shine Night Walk 2014 for Cancer Research UK on behalf of Time Out – the walk will be taking place on September 27. In the build-up to the event, the winners will report on at least one training walk and the Shine Night Walk itself (exact details to be discussed with the Time Out editorial team). Each winner will receive complimentary vouchers for dinner for two at TheView restaurant at the top of Millbank Tower to be redeemed within three months of confirming their prize.
11. The winners must be able to attend a face-to-face briefing at the Time Out offices (date and time TBC) and to complete and report on a training walk by Sunday June 8 comprising written and visual content as per the brief and deadlines set by The Promoter for publication by Time Out in any media, worldwide, in perpetuity. Time Out may also request winners to produce and post content from their personal social media accounts, including (but not limited to) Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest for re-production by The Promoter in any media, worldwide, in perpetuity. Copyright for any content originating on Time Out platforms will belong to Time Out. Copyright for any content originating on the winner’s personal social accounts and/or blogs will be retained by the winner.
12. The winners must agree to their name, images/likeness and content being used by The Promoter and/or Cancer Research UK.
13. Due diligence will be carried out by The Promoter to verify the winner’s ability to comply with the Terms and Conditions; the winner will be asked to sign a Letter of Engagement detailing their involvement in this promotion and agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
14. Individuals may request the name and county of the winner by submitting a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and specifying the competition about which they are inquiring, before 1 August 2014 to: Competitions, Time Out Magazine, Universal house, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB. By participating, you agree to The Promoter providing your name and the county of your residence in response to such requests.
15. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
16. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
17. Time Out accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by entrants as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize.
18. Promoter: Time Out Digital Ltd, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
1. No purchase necessary.