How to enter
This competition is organised by Time Out Digital Limited (“Time Out”) in association with Johnnie Walker (“Johnnie Walker”). We want you to answer the multiple choice question correctly to be in with a chance of winning (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at www.timeout.com/johnnieandginger between 8 May 2015 and 5 July 2015 for your chance to be selected to win one of three prizes to go on a bold night out (the “Competition”).
The Competition is only to be entered by individuals who are 18 years old or over. By entering this Competition, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and accept our Terms and Conditions as set out below. If you are under 18 or do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must leave this website immediately.
Time Out reminds you to drink responsibly and recommends you consult the following website for the facts: www.drinkaware.co.uk
How it works
Complete your Entry by answering the multiple choice question correctly. The correct answers will be entered into a random ballot from which three winners will be drawn.
General competition terms & conditions
1. The Competition begins at 12.15am on 8 May 2015 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on 5 July 2015 (the “End Date”).
- The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out.
- Multiple entries will not be accepted.
- By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
- The winners will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on or by 10 July 2015.
- The winners will be selected at random from a ballot which comprises all the correct answers.
- The prize packages include the following two prizes; to be picked by each of the three winners:
- Entrance for four people to silent disco at The View from the Shard hosted by Time Out on a date of winner’s choice, £50 bar tab, chauffeur ride home at the end of the night
- Abseiling The Arcelormittal Orbit for two people (including safety briefing and equipment) and dinner for two people at Foreman’s restaurant.
- The winners must be aged 18.
- All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
- The Winners may be required to participate in publicity which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
- All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
- The Prize Package will be provided by Time Out.
- The winners will be notified using the contact information submitted when uploading their Entry. The Winners may be asked to provide identification. Any Winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
- The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out Digital Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 August 2015.
- Time Out’s selection of the winners is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The Prize Package must be claimed and booked by the winners within 12 months from the date of winning.
- Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and Johnnie Walker reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or Johnnie Walker and which prevents Time Out and/or Johnnie Walker from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out nor Johnnie Walker will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
- The Competition promoter is Time Out Digital Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Digital Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees.
Specific prize terms & conditions
1. Silent Disco at the Shard. The prize includes: entrance for four people to silent disco at The View from the Shard, £50 bar tab, chauffeur ride home at the end of the night.
Tickets will be subject to availability. Silent Disco will take place on the following dates: Friday 15 May and Saturday 30 May, Saturday 13 June and Saturday 27 June, Saturday 11 July, Friday 17 July and Saturday 25 July 2015. Return chauffeur journey home will be a single journey to one drop off point within the M25. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
2. The Arcelormittal Orbit. The prize includes: abseiling The Arcelormittal Orbit for two people, safety briefing and safety equipment, dinner for two people at Foreman’s restaurant. Participants must be over 18 years of age, in good health and not suffer from vertigo, a fear of heights or dizziness. Experience takes place on the following dates: Sunday 24 May, Sunday 21 June, Sunday 28 June, Saturday 18 July and Sunday 30 August 2015at select times. Bookings will be subject to availability. Dinner will be based on two adults enjoying a three course meal from the a la carte menu including a bottle of house wine, mineral water and coffee. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.