Terms and Conditions
HOW TO ENTER
This competition is organised by Time Out England Limited, company number 01782049 with registered offices at 77 Wicklow Street, London, WC1X 9JY (“Time Out”) in association with Direct Wines Limited, company number 01095091 with registered offices at One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Thesale Berkshire, RG7 4SW (“Prize Provider”) (together the “Promoters”). We want you to answer the multiple choice question correctly to be in with a chance of winning (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at here between Nov 1 2019 and Dec 1 2019 for your chance to be one of 3 selected to win wine for a year (the “Competition”).
HOW IT WORKS
Complete your Entry by answering the multiple choice question correctly. The correct answers will be entered into a random ballot from which the winners will be drawn.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Competition begins at 12.15am on Nov 1 2019 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on Dec 1 2019 (the “End Date”).
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and the Prize Provider, its agents, contractors and their family members.
3. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
5. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
6. The winners will be notified by the Promoters by telephone or email within 5 days of the End Date.
7. The winners will be selected at random from a ballot which comprises all the correct answers.
8. The prize package includes 4 x 12 bottle cases (Laithwaite’s The Seasons Wine Plan cases), Laithwaite’s Wine shall deliver 12 bottles to each prize winner at three-monthly intervals. (the “Prize Package”).
9. All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
10. The winners may be required to participate in publicity which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
11. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
12. The Prize Package will be provided by Direct Wines Ltd and is subject to their terms and conditions available at THE END OF THESE T&Cs.
13. The winners will be notified using the contact information submitted when uploading their Entry. The winners may be asked to provide identification. Any winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winners.
14. The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out England Limited, 77 Wicklow Street, London, WC1X 9JY or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 2 2019.
15. Time Out’s selection of the winner is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
17. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and the Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
19. Time Out accepts no responsibility if the Prize Provider refuses to issue the prize.
20. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or the Prize Provider and which prevents Time Out and/or the Prize Provider from complying with the Rules, neither Time Out or the Prize Provider will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
21. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by
23. Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
24. The Competition promoters are Time Out and the Prize Provider. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
• The promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoters, Laithwaite’s Wine or their families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouses or life partners), or any person professionally connected with the relevant promotion.
• Winners will be required to submit valid identification before receiving any prize; the Promoters may use the services of an external provider to assist with any age verification. The Promoters reserve the right to invalidate the relevant entry and disqualify the entrant from any Promotion and refuse to award the prize if there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant.
• Three entrants shall wine a prize of ‘wine for a year’. Each prize comprises four 12-bottle cases of wine (Laithwaite’s The Seasons Wine Plan cases) which Laithwaite’s Wine shall deliver to each prize winner at three-monthly intervals.
• All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable and cash alternatives are not available.
• Laithwaite’s Wine reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize (including replacing it with an alternative) as necessary due to circumstances outside its reasonable control.
Allocation and notification
• Upon claiming a prize, winners will be required to send the Promoters full details of their postal address to which the prize will be delivered (if not already provided).
• The Promoters’ decision as to the prize winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The Prize Provider will share personal information supplied by entrants with Laithwaite’s Wine: (i) to the extent entrants consent to receive direct marketing messages from Laithwaite’s Wine; and/or (ii) in relation to prize winners, for the purpose of fulfilling the prizes.
• The Prize Provider intends to publish the surname and county of prize winners. Prior to publication, the Promoter will inform prize winners of its intention to do so and shall give prize winners the opportunity to object to the publication or to request that the Promoter reduce the amount of information to be published.
• Entries will not be acknowledged, and no responsibility can be accepted for entries which are not properly received due to circumstances beyond our control. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
• Entrants are advised to retain and keep safe these terms. Entry to the promotion confirms acceptance of these terms as final and legally binding.
• These terms and conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, unless entrants are resident in Scotland, in which case they may choose the law of their place of residence. Entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, unless they are resident in Scotland in which case they may choose the courts of their place of residence.
• The Promoters nor shall be liable in any way for a) any costs or expenses associated with claiming or redeeming any prize and not specifically included within the prize as stated on the promotion, b) any damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the promotion or the prize other than those costs and expenses specifically stated on the promotion. Nothing in this disclaimer is intended to limit the Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury arising out of the Promoters’ or negligence.