Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
How to enter
This competition is organised by Time Out Digital Limited (“Time Out”) in association with British Airways Plc (“British Airways”). We want you to select your preferred island from the five featured Caribbean islands and tell us why you would like to escape to the Caribbean, including your name, area of London and a photo (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at www.timeout.com/caribbeanescape between 5 May 2015 and 6 May 2015 for your chance to be selected to win an invitation for you and a friend to come to Time Out’s amazing Caribbean Party at the Rum Kitchen in Notting Hill on 8 May 2015 (the “Event”). By attending the Event you will be in with a further chance to win a trip for you and a friend to the Caribbean island that you selected; departure imminent (the “Caribbean Holiday”) (together with Entry to attend the Event, the “Competition”).
Each of the five prizes for the Caribbean Holiday include a pair of World Traveller return flights from London Gatwick plus seven nights’ accommodation for two adults sharing a double room, on a bed and breakfast basis, as well as an itinerary of activities to be enjoyed at the Holiday Winners’ leisure.
The prize flights for the Caribbean Holiday will only be valid on the stated dates below so all entrants must ensure that they are free on these precise dates. The winner is responsible for any additional expenses, including transportation to and from the airport, all incidental expenses and insurance.
By entering the Competition you understand and consent that your name, area of London and Profile Image (as defined below) will be used in, reproduced and displayed upon Time Out-sponsored Exterion Media Cross Track Projection screens on the London Underground by Time Out for the purpose of the Competition. Time Out will keep your name, area of London and Profile Image securely in its system for six months after which your consent will expire. However, Time Out may keep your name, area of London and Profile Image in its historical archive for an indefinite period. You hereby consent to the use of your name, area of London and Profile Image by Time Out in accordance with the purpose and the conditions outlined above and within the terms of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
How it works
Complete your Entry by telling us which out of the five Caribbean islands served by British Airways you would like to escape to, the reasons why and by including a profile image of yourself (the “Profile Image”), as well as your name and area of London. Once entrants have completed their Entry, they will be inserted into an island-specific ballot, based on which Caribbean island they want to escape to. After the End Date, a total of 100 entrants will be selected at random, 20 from each island’s ballot, to attend the Event with a friend. At the Event, the Event Winners’ (as defined below) names will be put into an island-specific ballot and, during the Event, one winner will be selected at random from each ballot who will win one of the Caribbean Holidays. Each of the five Caribbean Holidays is for two people to one of the five following Caribbean islands: Barbados, Grenada, St Kitts, Tobago and Turks & Caicos.
One destination will be allocated to each winner by Time Out based on the island they described in their Entry. All flights will depart from London Gatwick and the destinations and dates for each trip are confirmed as follows (all dates refer to 2015): Tobago (15 May – 22 May); Barbados (16 May – 23 May); Saint Kitts (16 May – 23 May); Grenada (16 May – 23 May); and Turks & Caicos (17 May – 24 May).
The dates of the flights are non-flexible.
General competition terms & conditions
1. The Competition begins at 12:15am on 5 May 2015 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on 6 May 2015 (the “End Date”).
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and British Airways.
3. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
5. Time Out encourages entrants to include a photograph of themselves as their Profile Image, however if entrants do not wish to include their own face as their Profile Image, Time Out will accept any other image that is recognisable to the entrant.
6. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. This will also include displaying your Entry and your Profile Image on the Time Out-sponsored Exterion Media Cross Track Projection screens on the London Underground. You agree that we may cut, edit or arrange your Entry where appropriate to appear in print or on-line or on-screen.
7. The 100 winners of exclusive invitations to attend the Event (the “Event Winners”) will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on 7 May 2015. The 5 winners of the Caribbean Holiday (the “Holiday Winners”) will be selected and told by Time Out at the Event.
8. The Event Winners and Holiday Winners will be selected at random, albeit the Entries will be separated based on the island being described in the Entry. The prize package for the Caribbean Holiday includes five sets of World Traveller return flights from London Gatwick plus seven nights’ accommodation for two adults sharing a double room, on a bed and breakfast basis, as well as an itinerary of activities to be enjoyed at the Holiday Winners’ leisure (the “Prize Package”).
9. The Event Winners and their plus one and the Holiday Winners and their plus one (together, the “Winners”) must be aged 18 or over, have a valid passport and valid travel insurance.
10. All Event Winners must bring valid identification to the Event.
11. If an Event Winner is unable to attend the Event, they will be permitted to send a friend (the “Winner’s Friend”) on their behalf who must bring a form of identification showing who they are and who the Event Winner is. The Winner’s Friend will be there solely as a representative of the Event Winner and will not be eligible to enter or to win the Competition themselves.
12. The Event Winners must cover their own expenses for travel to and from The Rum Kitchen and the Holiday Winners must cover their own expenses for travel to and from London Gatwick and other expenses not included in the Prize Package.
13. All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
14. The Winners may be required to participate in publicity which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
15. It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain any publication rights and/or release rights before Entries are entered into the Competition. Neither Time Out nor British Airways will accept any responsibility for the publication of Entries which do not have publication rights and/or release rights cleared by the writer of the Entry. Publication rights and/or release rights may need to be cleared by the writer if they include the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or similar of any individual without their express permission.
16. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
17. The Prize Package will be provided by British Airways.
18. The Event Winners will be notified using the contact information they submitted when uploading their Entry. The selected Event Winners will have until 4pm on the day of the Event to confirm their attendance at the Event. The Holiday Winners will be notified in person during the Event. The Holiday Winners will have until 1pm on 11 May 2015 to accept the Prize Package. If any of the originally selected Holiday Winners do not confirm their acceptance of the Prize Package by 1pm on 11 May 2015, alternative winners will be selected at random. Winners may be asked to provide identification. Any Winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
19. The names of the Winners may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out Digital Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to email@example.com by 8 June 2015.
20. Time Out’s selection of the Winners is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
22. The Prize Package is subject to the British Airways Conditions of Carriage available at the following website: http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/legal/british-airways/general-conditions-of-carriage and the British Airways Specific Prize Terms & Conditions set out below.
23. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
24. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and British Airways reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
25. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or British Airways and which prevents Time Out and/or British Airways from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out nor British Airways will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
26. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
27. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
28. The Competition promoter is Time Out Digital Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Digital Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees and British Airways.
Specific prize terms & conditions
29. One destination will be allocated to each Holiday Winner by Time Out based on the island they described in their Entry.
30. All flights will depart from London Gatwick.
31. The following dates are confirmed for each destination:
i. Tobago: 15 May – 22 May
ii. Barbados: 16 May – 23 May
iii. Saint Kitts: 16 May – 23 May
iv. Grenada: 16 May – 23 May
v. Turks & Caicos: 17 May – 24 May.
32. The dates of the flights are non-flexible; Holiday Winners must be able to travel on these exact dates.
33. The Holiday Winners must travel on the exact dates set out above from London Gatwick to the allocated destination in World Traveller.
34. All travel is subject to change.
35. Reservation changes are not permitted after tickets have been confirmed and issued.
36. Tickets are not transferable, have no cash value and are not for resale.
37. Tickets are booked in World Traveller Only.
38. Passengers must travel together.
39. Please arrange travel insurance, car hire and entry visas independently.
40. The Prize Package is subject to the British Airways Conditions of Carriage available at the following website: www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/legal/british-airways/general-conditions-of-carriage
41. On acceptance of this prize, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions