Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
HOW TO ENTER
This competition (the “Competition") is organised by Time Out Digital Limited (“Time Out” or “we”) in association with Red Bull Company Limited (“Red Bull”). Time Out will be putting together its very own soapbox in order to enter the Red Bull Soapbox Race on 12 July 2015 (the “Red Bull Race”) and we are looking for Time Out readers to help be part of our team (the “Time Out Team”), which will include and be run by the Time Out Editor at Large. The Time Out Team will be responsible for the creation and building of the soapbox (the “Building Stage”) and up to four (4) members of the Time Out Team will be in charge of driving the soapbox at the Red Bull Race. We want you to tell us why you would be a good addition to the Time Out Team by filling out the entry form (the “Entry Form”) and letting us know what you could contribute. The completed Entry Form must be submitted between 21 April 2015 and 27 April 2015 for your chance to be selected to be part of the Time Out Team.
HOW IT WORKS
After the End Date, a panel of judges composed of representatives from Time Out including the Time Out Editor at Large (the “Panel of Judges”) will select their favourite submissions (the “Short List”). The Panel of Judges will then arrange either a physical or a virtual meeting with all the entrants on the Short List and select the final entrants who will be part of the Time Out Team.
ENTRY TO THE COMPETITION
1. The Competition begins at midnight on 20 April 2015 (the “Start Date”) and closes at 11.45pm on 27 April 2015 (the “End Date”). Time Out is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or a potential winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email address.
2. There is no purchase requirement to take part in this Competition. There is no charge to register with the Time Out website when you enter the Competition online via the internet.
3. Entrants are responsible for the cost of their connection to the Competition web page via the internet and Time Out does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Competition web page or website.
4. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
5. The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and Red Bull.
6. Entries should be made online via the internet to the Time Out website on the Competition web page and entrants should enter at their own choice.
7. How to enter: Enter your full name, email address and telephone number and any other information that is required on the Entry Form, as well as details of relevant expertise, skills, ideas, materials or the like that you can offer to the Time Out Team and as many details as possible of the level of commitment that you can make to the Time Out Team (the “Entry” or “Entries”).
8. By completing the Entry Form, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if it has reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
9. Copyright in all the information provided in the Entry Forms submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use and republish the Entry. This includes displaying such content on www.timeout.com/soapbox sharing through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. You agree that we may cut, edit or arrange the Entry where appropriate to appear in print or on-line.
10. By taking part in this Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Each entrant must have either devised the Entry themselves or have full permission to use content of the Entry.
11. Time Out will not accept any responsibility for the publication of an Entry which the entrant does not have publication rights and/or release rights for. Publication rights and/or release rights may need to be cleared by the entrant if they include the names, likenesses, ideas or similar of any individual without their express permission.
12. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
13. The Time Out Team will be run by Time Out Editor at Large and there will be three (3) spaces available to entrants. Time Out reserves the right to select more than three (3) entrants, up to a maximum of ten (10), to be part of the Time Out Team in the run-up to the Red Bull Race and will use its sole discretion to decide who will be on the racing team on the day of the Red Bull Race.
14. Each entrant is ready and willing to work as much as required for the Time Out Team in order that the Time Out Team be prepared and able to take part in the Red Bull Race.
15. The winners will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on or before 29 April 2015.
16. The winning entrants will be chosen by the Panel of Judges, at their sole discretion, based on the criteria of the quality of the ideas, what the entrant can offer and ultimately, how well the entrant will fit in to the Time Out Team.
17. The Panel of Judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Winners will be notified using the contact information they submitted in their Entry Form. Winners may be asked to provide identification. Winners not contactable or who fail to return contact within 24 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to be part of the Time Out Team, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative Time Out Team member.
19. The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like winners’ details for to: Time Out Digital Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to email@example.com, by 1 June 2015.
THE TIME OUT TEAM
20. All prospective members of the Time Out Team must complete a medical questionnaire and sign a disclaimer, when these are provided by Time Out, to state they will not hold Time Out or the Time Out Editor at Large responsible in the event of an injury or loss, prior to being eligible to join the Time Out Team.
21. All members of the Time Out Team may be required to participate in publicity relating to the Red Bull Race which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
22. Any entrant unsure of their physical ability to be a part of the Time Out Team must seek medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to joining the Time Out Team, if selected. Entrants with any medical conditions agree where appropriate to carry with them the relevant details of the condition and their name, address and emergency contact details.
23. Time Out will take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to members of the Time Out Team during the Building Stage. By being part of the Time Out Team, all entrants acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact Time Out before agreeing to become a member of the Time Out Team.
24. All entrants agree that should they win and become part of the Time Out Team, they will comply with the instructions given by the Time Out members of stuff onsite during the Building Stage and on the day of the Red Bull Race.
25. Time Out reserves the right to remove a person from the Time Out Team or refuse to allow them to take part in the Red Bull Race as part of the Time Out Team if for whatever reason it deems a person unfit to take part.
26. Time Out will arrange for a professional photographer to be in attendance throughout the Building Stage and during the day of the Red Bull Race to take photographs. By being part of the Time Out Team, you agree and consent to Time Out capturing your name and any stills or photographs taken during the Building Stage and the Red Bull Race to be used by Time Out Digital Limited (and our authorised service providers and agents) for commercial and advertising purposes including but not limited to, advertising, publications, marketing material and other documents that may be made available to the public through the Time Out website, magazine and/or social media accounts.
27. Whilst you are a member of the Time Out Team, you may take photographs yourself and share them through the use of Twitter and/or Instagram. You understand and acknowledge that the use of such social media services is subject to their terms and conditions. Time Out is not responsible for the posting and use of your photographs shared on Twitter and/or Instagram (or other social network if applicable).
28. Time Out accepts no responsibility for the Time Out Team (except for with regard to death and personal injury) for any damage or loss suffered during the Building Stage.
THE RED BULL RACE
29. The Red Bull Race will be run by Red Bull on 12 July 2015. Participants in the Red Bull Race must be available to arrive on 11 July 2015.
30. The Time Out Team members agree to wear a crash helmet, to be provided by Time Out, at all times during the Red Bull Race.
31. All participants in the Red Bull Race, including the Time Out Team, will be subject to the Red Bull Terms and Conditions, which can be accessed at the following website: http://soapbox.redbull.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
32. Time Out accepts no liability whatsoever or howsoever caused for any accident, injury or loss that occurs on the day of, or during, the Red Bull Race.
33. Time Out will not be responsible in the event that Red Bull cancels the Red Bull Race and no compensation will be owed.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
35. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and which prevents Time Out from complying with these terms and conditions, Time Out will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control. Any changes to the Competition will be posted on Time Out’s website.
36. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
38. The Competition promoter is Time Out Digital Limited of 4th Floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD, London, and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Digital Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees and Red Bull.
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now