Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
1. These terms and conditions (“Rules”) apply to the Event featured by Time Out on its website to participate in the Sony Run Event (“Run Event”). By taking part in the Run Event, entrants (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) agree to be subject to these Rules. Time Out reserves the right to cancel or amend the Run Event or the Rules at any time without prior notice and any changes will be binding on You. Any changes will be posted on its online website. The Promoter of the Run Event is Time Out Digital Limited, 4th floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8AD.
2. There is no purchase requirement to take part in the Run Event. There is no charge to register with the Time Out website when You register to take part in the Run Event online using the Internet. Entrants are responsible for the cost of their connection to the Run Event web page via the Internet. Time Out does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Run Event web page or website.
3. Entry into Run Event. You can complete your Entry to the Run Event between 12:15am on 7 July 2015 (the “Start Date”) and 11:45pm on 16 July 2015 (the “End Date”). The selected participants (“Participants”) will be notified by Time Out on 17 July 2015 by email.
4. You are allowed to make one single entry and select up to two places in the Run Event (“Entry” or “Entries”). An Entry is allowed online (“Online Entry” or “Online Entries”). Online Entries should be made online via the Internet to the Time Out website on the Event web page. You understand that all Entries submitted to Time Out automatically become the property of Time Out.
5. By taking part in the Run Event You hereby warrant that all information submitted by You is true, current and complete. Time Out reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants. The contact details you provide with your Entry may be used to send any prizes or information related to the Run Event so you need to make sure these are correct. Time Out does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, invalid or illegible Entries.
6. The Run Event is open only to legal residents in the United Kingdom, who are at least 18 years of age. Employees of Time Out, its agents, contractors and their family members, or any third party related to the administration of the Run Event, are not eligible to take part in the Run Event.
7. Participant Selection: Participants will be selected randomly from all Entries received by Time Out at the end of the Event sign-up deadline as set out in section 3 above. Time Out will be selecting a maximum of one hundred (100) Participants for the Run Event. The Participant will be contacted by Time Out by email on 17 July 2015 and is required to confirm its participation to the Run Event within 24 hours from receipt of such email notification from Time Out. If Time Out is unable to contact a selected Participant to confirm its participation to the Run Event, Time Out reserves the right to select another Participant in accordance with these Rules. Time Out shall have no liability to a previously selected Participant who has not responded in time. Time Out reserves the right to ask the Participant to provide proof of age and/or country of residence. The winning Participant may be announced on the Time Out website for at least thirty (30) days’ after the Participant has been selected. As such, Time Out will have the right (without additional permission) to use their name, age and town/city for that purpose and they may be requested by Time Out to participate in post-event publicity both in paper and online.
8. Run Event Details:
• Run Date: Thursday 23 July 2015
• Meet time for check-in & warm up: Doors open at 7.30pm, warm up will start at 8.00pm • Run Start Time: 8.15pm
• Run Distance: Approximately 10 kilometres
• Run Start point: 1Rebel Gym, 63 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8LE
• Run End point: 1Rebel Gym, 63 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8LE
9. The Run
9.1 Before the Run Event, Participants will be invited to take part in a warm up at 1Rebel Gym, which will include a 15-minute taster session of the “1Rebel Ride” or “Reshape” class (full details on these classes can be found on the 1Rebel Gym website: http://www.1rebel.co.uk/#classes) (the “Warm Up”). Participants must take part in the Warm Up in order to take part in the Run Event.
9.2 After the Run Event, Participants will be invited to take part in a cool down at 1Rebel Gym, enjoy a complimentary smoothie and use the changing facilities (the “Cool Down”).
9.3 The Warm Up and Cool Down will be run and coordinated by 1Rebel Gym.
9.4 Time Out does not accept any liability howsoever caused for any accident, loss and/or damage that takes place during the Warm Up and/or Cool Down. The Warm Up and Cool Down will be the responsibility of 1Rebel Gym whose terms and conditions can be found at the following website: http://www.1rebel.co.uk/reserve/index.cfm?action=Account.terms
10.1 Unfortunately, individuals using mobility scooters and wheelchairs are not allowed to take part in the Run Event. The health and safety of our Participants is very important to Time Out and we cannot guarantee that each type of mobility scooter or wheelchair will be able to manoeuvre the Run Event route. Also Participants cannot participate to the Run Event with prams and/or pushchairs.
10.2 All Participants who take part in the Run Event should comply with the instructions given by Time Out Run Event managers and officials onsite at the Run Event.
10.3 For health and safety reasons, any Participant who arrives late to the Run Event site must follow the instructions and decisions of the Time Out Run Event manager or their representatives or officials.
10.4 For health and safety reasons Time Out reserves the right to refuse latecomers to take part in the Run Event.
10.5 Time Out reserves the right to change or modify the Run Event route to accommodate any unexpected complications on the Run Event day that may have an impact on the Participants, Time Out staff involved in the management of the Run Event, spectators, officials and/or health and safety staff.
11.1 Time Out asks that all Participants, supporters and spectators do not use aggressive or abusive language towards Time Out staff involved in the organisation of the Run Event, marshals, officials, health and safety staff and any volunteers.
11.2 Time Out asks and requires that all Participants, supporters and spectators use public litter receptacles and recycling facilities available along the Run Event route and around the Run Event site.
11.3 Time Out reserves the right to ask Participants to leave the Run Event if they do not comply with any of these Rules.
12. Health and Safety and Medical
12.1 Any Participant who unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Run Event must seek medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the Run Event. It is not advisable for pregnant women to participate in the Run Event, and it is recommended that they should consult their General Practitioner before taking part in the Run Event. Participants with any medical conditions agree where appropriate to carry with them the relevant details of the condition, any required medication and their name, address and emergency phone number contact details.
12.2 Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire (including footwear) when taking part in the Run Event, taking into account the nature of the Run Event, the weather forecast and the terrain involved. When running in the dark Participants should take responsibility for making themselves highly visible by wearing bright clothing, preferably with fluorescent or reflective strips, and be aware that drivers may find it difficult to see You.
12.3 First aid will be provided at the Run Event site. Participants shall familiarise themselves with any individuals who have a recognised emergency first aid qualification, in particular five runners who are first aid qualified. Time Out recommends that, as far as reasonably possible, Participants carry a mobile phone. In the event of an incident, Participants should first check if anyone is injured and locate an emergency first aider. It is advisable for at least one Participant to stay with the injured person, who should not be moved unless their location is immediately life threatening. If appropriate, emergency services should be contacted using 112 from a mobile phone as it will record your location; alternatively use 999. Finally, a Time Out Run Event manager or run leader should be informed as soon as is practically possible by contacting them directly in order that relatives can be informed and incident records made.
12.5 In the case of an emergency, Participants agree that Time Out may pass the personal details provided by a Participant to the emergency services and/or health care professionals, and use them for the purposes of contacting a participant’s emergency contact.
12.6 Time Out will take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to Participants during the Run Event. By taking part in an Event, all participants acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact Time Out before agreeing to take part in the Run Event.
12.7 Time Out reserves the right to refuse entry to the Run Event if for whatever reason it deems a person unfit to take part.
13. Photography and use of Social Media:
13.1 Time Out will arrange for a professional photographer to attend each Run Event and take photographs at the Run Event site. By taking part in the Run event, You agree and consent to Time Out capturing your name and any stills or photographs taken during the Run Event. Such stills and photographs may be used by Time Out Digital Limited (and our authorised service providers and agents) and Sony Mobile Communications Inc. ('Sony') for commercial and advertising purposes including, but not limited to, advertising, publications, marketing material, and other documents that may be made available to the public through Time Out and Sony social media account. Photographs of children will not be used in the manner described above without a parent or legal guardian’s consent. However, we may use images where children are incidentally included, for example, by way of mass participation in the warm-up exercises or on the starting line. No personal details (including names) of any individual who is under 18 years of age will be used in any publicity materials without the written consent of the parent or legal guardian.
13.2 During the Run Event, You may take photographs yourself and share them through the use of Twitter and/or Instagram. You understand and acknowledge that the use of such social media services is subject to their terms and conditions. Time Out is not responsible for the posting and use of your photographs on Twitter and/or Instagram (or any other social network if applicable).
15.1 You understand that the Time out website is subject to our website Terms and Conditions available at the following site: http://www.timeout.com/london/terms.
15.2 All Participants enter into the Run Event entirely at their own risk. Time Out shall not be liable for any injury or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in the Run Event, other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of Time Out’ negligence.
15.3 All spectators and supporters attending the Run Event do so entirely at their own risk. Time Out shall not be liable for any injury or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their attendance to the Run Event, other that in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of Time Out’s negligence.
17. Jurisdiction. The Event and the Rules will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.