Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
HOW TO ENTER
This competition (the “Competition”) is organised by Time Out England Limited (“Time Out”) in partnership with GoFundMe (“GoFundMe”). We want you to send us an idea of how to make London a better place (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry through the form, using the following link: www.timeout.com/makelondonbetter between 11 July 2017 and midnight on 31 August 2017 for your chance to be selected to win one of two pre-loaded GoFundMe page with £5,000 towards making your project a reality. Entry is free. There is no limit to the number of Entries an individual or group can make.
HOW IT WORKS
After the end of the Competition, a panel of judges (the “Judges”) will select their favourite Entry from the submissions. The Judges will include Caroline McGinn, Editorial Director at Time Out England Ltd and Brendan Cox and Gemma Mortensen of More in Common. The full panel will be announced at a later date and published on www.timeout.com. The judges will be looking for an innovative idea that would make a positive impact on Londoners. Their decision is final.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Competition begins at 12:15 am (BST) on 11 July 2017. The Competition closes at midnight on 31 August 2017 (BST).
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and GoFundMe, their agents, contractors or their family members.
3. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition Rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
4. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out and GoFundMe each a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This may include sharing through social media and publication by both GoFundMe and Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. You agree that we may cut, edit or arrange your Entry where appropriate to appear in print or on-line.
5. The Winners will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on or before 30 September 2017.
6. There are two prizes to give away. The winner will be determined by the Judges whereby their favourite two Entries will be selected from all entries. The prize will include one of two pre-loaded GoFundMe accounts with £5,000 and support from Time Out and GoFundMe to reach a higher funding target (the ‘Prize’).
7. The Entry must be submitted by the originator of the Entry who must be the exclusive owner of the Entry submitted by him/her to the Competition.
8. The winner may be required to participate in publicity relating to the promotion which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
9. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
10. The prize will be provided by GoFundMe.
11. Two Entries will be chosen by the Judges based on the following criteria: the innovativeness of the idea and the potential positive impact of the proposed project (the “Winner”).
12. The Winners will be notified using the contact information they submitted when uploading their Entry. The Winners may be asked to provide identification. If a Winner is not contactable or fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them, they will be disqualified and thereby forfeit their right to the prize; no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative Winner.
13. The name of the Winners may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating for which competition you would like the Winners' details to Time Out England Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to email@example.com by 30 September 2017.
14. The Judge’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
16. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and GoFundMe reserve the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
17. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize.
18. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or GoFundMe and which prevents Time Out and/or GoFundMe from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out and/or GoFundMe will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
19. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees and GoFundMe.
20. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
21. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. The Competition promoter is Time Out England Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out England Limited.