Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
Terms and Conditions
HOW TO ENTER
This competition is organised by Time Out England Limited (“Time Out”) in association with Marriott International (“Prize Provider”). We want you to answer the multiple choice question correctly to be in with a chance of winning (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/win-a-night-at-the-st-pancras-renaissance-hotel-and-exclusive-lumiere-london-access between 3rd January 2018 and 11th January 2018 for your chance to be selected to win Exclusive Access to Lumiere London 2018 Preview Night & Artist Meet and Greet + Stay at the Renaissance St. Pancras (the “Competition”).
HOW IT WORKS
Complete your Entry by answering the multiple choice question correctly. The correct answers will be entered into a random ballot from which the winner will be drawn.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Competition begins at 12.15am on 3rd January 2018 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on 11th January 2018 (the “End Date”).
- The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and the Prize Provider, its agents, contractors and their family members.
- Multiple entries will not be accepted.
- By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
- The winner will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on or before 12th January 2018.
- The winner will be selected at random from a ballot which comprises all the correct answers.
- The prize package includes Exclusive access to the Lumiere London 2018 Preview Night event. Guided tour of the artist's installation in Kings Cross. Exclusive meet and greet with one of the installation artists. Special Lumiere Food and cocktails at The Booking Office Bar & Restaurant. One-night stay at the St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel (Check-in January 17, 2018 – Check out January 18, 2018). Breakfast at the St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel. Internet included. Experience is for two people. Winners may be interviewed by Time Out and content obtained may be used in either printed or online Time Out features
- (the “Prize Package”).
- All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
- All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
- The Prize Package will be provided by Marriott International and is subject to their terms and conditions available at the end of the page.
- The winner will be notified using the contact information submitted when uploading their Entry. The winner may be asked to provide identification. Any winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
- The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out England Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to email@example.com by 12th February 2018.
- Time Out’s selection of the winner is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and the Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Time Out accepts no responsibility if the Prize Provider refuses to issue the prize.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or the Prize Provider and which prevents Time Out and/or the Prize Provider from complying with the Rules, neither Time Out or the Prize Provider will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by
- Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
- The Competition promoter is Time Out England Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out England Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Additional terms and conditions may apply to some of the experiences that we offer. You agree to abide by such other terms and conditions.
- Must be 21 to attend.
- Marriott experiences are limited and are only available on the specific dates.
- No refunds or substitutions can be made following the winner notification.
- Details about each experience, including any restrictions and other specific terms and conditions, can be found on the experience detail page.
- The winner of each auction will be determined by Time Out.
- Marriott and its affiliates are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, computer or technical failure, or incorrect or inaccurate information howsoever caused or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Marriott experiences cannot be resold or auctioned. All such activities will void the purchase and Member will not be entitled to receive a refund.
- Marriott Rewards reserve the right to revise, suspend, or terminate an experience, or promotion at any time without notice.
- Marriott Rewards, Marriott International, Inc., and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or relating in any manner to the participation in the experience, regardless of the cause.
- You knowingly and voluntarily hereby fully release and forever discharge Marriott Rewards, LLC, Marriott International, Inc., and their past, present, and future employees, officers, directors, shareholders, principals, agents, attorneys, representatives, predecessors, assigns, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates (collectively the “Marriott Parties”) from all or any manner of past, present or future rights, claims, demands, and actions, in law or in equity, in tort or in contract, or under any other theory of recovery, of whatever kind or nature, whether known or unknown, whether now existing or hereinafter arising (collectively “Claims”) which you ever had, now have, or may have hereafter against the Marriott Parties, arising out of or relating in any manner to the experience, regardless of the cause.
- By entering this competition, you further acknowledge that some experiences are arranged for and/or provided by third party vendors and the Marriott Parties have no direct affiliation with these independent vendors.
- By entering this competition you agree to be interviewed by Time Out and authorize Marriott International, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, designees, officers, directors, agents and employees (together, "Marriott") to photograph and record/video or otherwise preserve your name, image, likeness, voice, biographical material, and oral and written statements (together, “Your Likeness”) and to use and publish written works, video or audio recordings, images and/or photographs, all in printed, digital, electronic or other formats now known or hereafter developed, containing any part of Your Likeness (together, “the Materials”) throughout the world in all and any media, including without limitation on printed, electronic and digital materials, on websites, and on social media platforms, all whether currently known or hereafter developed, for, in support of and in relation to research, advertising, marketing, promotional, publicity, trade or any other lawful purpose whatsoever (the “Specified Purposes”).
- In consideration for the rights you have grant to Marriott, you shall receive the opportunity to have Your Likeness appear in the Materials. You acknowledge, however, that Marriott shall be under no obligation to use any part of Your Likeness. You further acknowledge that you will not receive any monetary compensation for any use of Your Likeness and you shall not be entitled to receive any proceeds that may be derived from the Materials.
- The winner may be interviewed by Time Out for further content in the magazine/ website.