Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
How to Enter
This competition is organised by Time Out Digital Limited (“Time Out”). We want you to submit a minimum of ten reviews to www.timeout.com (the “Website”) of your favourite places in the city that you live and work in (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at www.timeout.com/2015ugcchallenge if entrants are using the V4 Platform and www.timeout.com/2015staffchallenge for all other entrants between 11 June 2015 and 31 August 2015 for your chance to be selected to win one of two vouchers worth £2,000 to spend with Time Out’s very own bespoke travel agency, Egencia (the “Competition”).
Each of the two prizes includes £500 spending money in the £2,000 voucher.
General competition terms and condtions
1. The Competition begins at 12:15am on June 11 2015 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on August 31 2015 (the “End Date”).
2. The Competition is open to all Time Out employees and employees of Time Out’s franchisees who are over the age of 18, except freelancers, consultants, contractors or any other person not directly employed by Time Out.
3. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
5. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition will belong to Time Out.
6. The winners will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on or by 7 September 2015.
7. Entrants must use an existing Time Out user account or create a Time Out account in order to enter the Competition. Please note that it is acceptable if an existing Time Out user account is linked to your social media profile or personal email address. You will be automatically prompted to create, or log in to, an account as part of the review submission.
8. In order for an Entry to be valid and eligible to be entered into the prize draw, the entrant must have written at least 10 reviews of at least 100 words of venues, restaurants, bars and/or attractions (the “Venue”) that are currently listed on the Website.
9. Two winners will be selected at random from all the eligible Entries.
10. The prize package includes £1,500 to be spent at Time Out’s travel agency, Egencia plus £500 spending money (the “Prize Package”).
11. The winners must be aged 18 or over, have a valid passport and valid travel insurance.
12. All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
13. Time Out reserves the right to verify the identity of the winners in order to confirm that they are directly employed by either Time Out or one of Time Out’s franchisees.
14. The winners may be required to participate in publicity which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
15. It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain any publication rights and/or release rights before Entries are entered into the Competition. Time Out will not accept any responsibility for the publication of Entries which do not have publication rights and/or release rights
cleared by the writer of the Entry. Publication rights and/or release rights may need to be cleared by the writer if they include the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or similar of any individual without their express permission.
16. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
17. The Prize Package will be provided by Time Out.
18. Any winners who are not contactable or who fail to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them by Time Out will be disqualified. They thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
19. The name of the winners may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winners’ details for, to Time Out Digital Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2015.
20. Time Out’s selection of the winner is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
22. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
23. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out reserves the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
24. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and which prevents Time Out from complying with these terms and conditions, Time Out will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
25. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
26. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
27. The Competition promoter is Time Out Digital Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Digital Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensee.