1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, not for resale and cannot be exchanged for cash. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Competitions, Time Out, 4th Floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8AD.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to email@example.com clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. Individuals may request the name and county of the winners of prizes by submitting a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and specifying the prize about which you are inquiring to: Competitions, Time Out, 4th Floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8AD. By participating, you agree to the promoter providing your name and the county of your residence in response to such requests.
9. How to enter: Enter your full name and email address to be entered into the draw. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per prize during the promotion period. Only entries received by Time Out during the promotion period for the prize in question will be accepted.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner will be decided by a random, computer-generated selection from the correct entries received during the promotion period. Decisions of the promoter relating to the drawing and all matters relating to this promotion will be final and binding. Time Out is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or the potential winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email address.
12. The winners will be decided by a random, computer-generated selection from the entries received during the promotion period. The final draw will take place no later than the day after the end of the promotion. Decisions of the promoter relating to the drawing and all matters relating to this promotion will be final and binding. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
13. Winners will be notified by Time Out by email within 24 hours of the prize draw closing. Entrants who have not won a prize will not receive notification.
14. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
15. Promoter: Time Out Digital Ltd, 4th Floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8AD.
1. The prize includes:
- 15 pairs of tickets to any gig of the winners' choice taking place at Brooklyn Bowl London in 2014, subject to availability.
- One Nokia Lumia 930 handset for the first winner drawn at random only - colour of handset at promoter's discretion.
2. The competition will close at 11.45pm on Sunday October 5 2014.
Herman ze German
The last 12 months have been the year of the dog. The hot dog, that is. Previously relegated to being a street food sidekick – the Robin to burger’s Batman – the hot dog has had enough of prancing around in the background with its pants over its trousers, and has elbowed its way on to the menus of sit-down restaurants. First there was Bubbledogs in Fitzrovia – a fine concept (champagne served with interesting hot dogs in a gorgeous space), foiled only by the dogs themselves not living up to the hype. Meatmarket in Covent Garden did a better job – but the burgers are better there. Only the bar at Hawksmoor in Spitalfields, with its knock-your-socks off chilli dog, really impressed. All the above porkers have one thing in common: the US of A. Yup, if any of these prime sausages appeared on an episode of ‘Who Do You Think You Are’, their great-great-granny would have been from New York’s Coney Island. We’ve all been so caught up with the stars-and-stripes invasion, we forgot about the original wiener: the wurst. Until now. Herman ze German, in case you hadn’t guessed, is a purveyor of German sausages. Its outlet on Villiers Street is cherished by sausage fanciers and the late-night commuters of Charing Cross, but is no place to linger. This, its first ‘restaurant’, in the beating heart of Soho, is really a fast-food joint – but its larger size and playfully utilitarian interior (part log cabin, part wet room – with planks on the walls, a painted concrete floor and a butler sin
Venue says: “Soho is our first restaurant-style home with seated areas throughout and ze basement offers rest-bite from the buzz of Old Compton Street.”
You might also like
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to see The Carnabys, Cortes and The Greasy Slicks
- Terms and Conditions: Win a trip for two to Madrid
- Win a cottage break and Virgin Experience Days voucher
- Win a unique experience at the Sharp's Brewery Secret Bar at London Beer Week with the Time Out Card
- Terms and conditions