This summer Southeastern are offering 20 percent off many standard Southeastern Off-Peak train tickets online so you can explore the south east and find the best #SEhiddengems for less. We’ve teamed up with Southeastern to celebrate the best places to go by train and we want you to tell us about your favourite things to do and see, and you could win a mini-break.
The South East is full of well-known pleasures, but there are many new experiences to be enjoyed that are also worth shouting about. It could be your best-loved dish in a great restaurant, or a secluded stretch of coastline that’s perfect for surfing. It could be a tiny theatre or an amazing piece of art, or perhaps a brilliant independent shop or café.
Win travel prizes – and your photos could be famous!
A luxury stay for two at Port Lympne and £500 could be yours. The main prizewinner of our #SEhiddengems competition will win a two-night stay for two people in a self-catering lodge at Kent’s beautiful wildlife reserve and countryside retreat Port Lympne – plus £500 to spend on dining out and discovering more of the South East’s hidden gems for yourselves.
The prize includes, for two people:
• Return Southeastern travel by train from a London terminal they serve
• Return transfers from the station to the park
• Two nights’ accommodation at Port Lympne in the Bear Lodge
• Entry to Port Lympne Reserve
• Access to the Dinosaur Forest
• ‘Meet the animals’ experience of the winner’s choice
• Plus £500 spending money for the winner
Train passes for unlimited Southeastern weekend train travel
Each week while the competition is running, we’ll be giving away spot prizes in a random draw across all entries, to win pairs of Southeastern Weekend Explorer Passes. The passes can be used for unlimited travel on Southeastern services on the weekend nominated by the winner.
Your #SEhiddengems featured in Time Out
Over the summer we’ll be publishing a pull-out guide to the best things to do and see in the South East. We’ll be including entries from our competition, so get thinking and enter now.
How our #SEhiddengems competition works
1. Enter a photo of your favourite South East hidden gem below, telling us where it is. You can enter as many different photos as you like, as long as they comply with the terms and conditions below.
2. Between now and the competition closing date (June 30, 11.45pm) we have two pairs of Southeastern Weekend Explorer Passes to give away each week. These will be given away in a random draw of all entries to the competition up that point.
3. After the competition has closed, Time Out will compile a shortlist of entries.
4. Between July 12 and August 5, Time Out readers will then be able to go online to vote for their favourite hidden gem nomination.
5. We’ll be featuring a variety of your hidden gem suggestions in our summer pullout in the magazine.
6. The winner of our main prize, a two-night stay for two at Port Lympne, will be notified on or by August 8.
You’ll find full terms and conditions below, but it’s important to note that:
• The photo must belong to you and you must have the right to allow Time Out and Southeastern to use or publish the photo.
• The hidden gem you recommend has to be somewhere near or within easy travelling distance from a station on the Southeastern network. To find out where that includes, just click here to see a map.
Simply upload your entry here and fill in the details in the required fields. See below for full terms and conditions.
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now