Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
HOW TO ENTER
This competition is organised by Time Out England Limited (“Time Out”) in association with Tipi (“Prize Provider”). We want you to answer a few questions and describe some specific scenarios to be in with a chance of winning the competition (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found here between 15 January 2018 and 14 February 2018 for your chance to be selected to win a rent-free period of 12 months in a two bed apartment of the Prize Provider’s choosing (the “Competition”).
HOW IT WORKS
Complete your entry by submitting your entry, from which one winner will be selected by a panel of judges from both Time Out and Prize Provider who will select their favourite Entry from the submissions.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Competition begins at 12.15am on 15 JANUARY 2018 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on 14 FEBRUARY 2018 (the “End Date”).The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 21, except employees of Time Out and the Prize Provider, its agents, contractors and their family members and any existing residents or tenants of the Prize Provider.
2. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
3. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
4. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
5. The winner will be notified by Prize Provider by telephone or email on or before 12 March 2018.
6. The winner will be selected by a panel of judges from both Time Out and Prize Provider, observed by an independent judge, who will select their favourite Entry from the submissions.
7. The prize package is a free twelve-month tenancy in a two bedroom apartment in London of Prize Provider’s choosing which shall include utilities, broadband internet and furnishings (the “Prize Package”).
8. All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
9. The winner may be required to participate in publicity which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
10. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
11. The Prize Package will be provided by Prize Provider and is subject to their terms and conditions which can be found below.
12. The winner will be notified using the contact information submitted when uploading their Entry. The winner may be asked to provide identification. Any winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
13. The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out England Limited, 77 Wicklow Street, London, WC1X 9JY or by email to email@example.com by 13 March 2018
14. Time Out and Prize Provider’s selection of the winner is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
16. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
17. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and the Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
18. Time Out accepts no responsibility if the Prize Provider refuses to issue the prize.
19. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or the Prize Provider and which prevents Time Out and/or the Prize Provider from complying with the Rules, neither Time Out or the Prize Provider will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
20. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by
22. Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
23. The Competition promoter is Time Out England Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out England Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
“Landlord” means Tipi; “Promoter” means Time Out England Limited (“Time Out”); “Competition” means Time Out’s ‘win an apartment for a year’ competition; “Entrant(s)” means anyone entering into the Competition; “Winner” means the Entrant that wins the Prize; “Prize” means the Landlord’s two bed apartment (of the Landlord’s choosing) provided rent-free for 12 months in London; and “Tenancy Agreement” means the tenancy agreement between the Landlord and the Winner.
By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The Winner must pass ‘Right to Rent’ checks to ensure that the Winner has statutory right to rent in the UK and the Landlord’s normal referencing process. This includes, but is not limited to providing a valid passport and/or visa in person with the Landlord prior to the Entrant’s tenancy commencing. The Landlord’s referencing criteria includes a clear credit history, reasonable income in proportion to the market rental value of the apartment and a good landlord record (if applicable). In the event that the Winner does not meet the referencing requirements, the Winner will be disqualified and will not be entitled to receive the Prize or any substitution of it.
2. All Entrants must be over 21 in age and in full time employment or self-employment at the time of moving in.
3. In the event that there is a conflict between these terms and conditions and Tenancy Agreement the Tenancy Agreement will prevail. The Winner will be provided with a draft copy of the Tenancy Agreement upon the award of the Prize and prior to winner acceptance.
4. All Entrants acknowledge that the Prize may not be the exact apartment in view and/or aspect provided in the promotion imagery, but it will be a good representation of the size, quality, furnishing and standard of apartments in the Landlord’s portfolio. The apartment will be at a location of the Landlord’s choosing in London.
5. All Entrants acknowledge that the Prize is for a rent-free period of 12 months only for a tenancy to begin within 1 month of the Winner being notified of the outcome of the Competition. In the event that the Winner does not vacate the apartment that is provided as the Prize at the end of the 12-month period, rent will become due and owing by the Winner to the Landlord at the rate and frequency set out in the Tenancy Agreement. The Prize does not include any rental add-ons such as parking, amenity space hire, storage, Sky TV or broadband upgrades above 40mb/s. The Winner will have the right to claim these add-ons under the Tenancy Agreement but will be charged for them at market value. The Winner will be provided with an inventory setting out the condition of the apartment and the contents at the beginning of the Tenancy Agreement. A check out of this inventory will be prepared at the end of the Winner’s tenancy and the Winner will be required to pay compensation to the Landlord for any damage caused to the apartment or contents.
6. All Entrants must provide their name, email and telephone number. In the event that the Landlord or the Promoter cannot reach any Entrant as a result of incorrect information provided, they will be removed from the Competition.
7. By entering the Competition all Entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize by satisfying these terms and conditions.
8. The Promoter and the Landlord reserve the right to disqualify from the Competition any Entrant whose conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition. What constitutes the spirit and intention of the Competition will be determined by the Landlord and the Promoter in their reasonable discretion.
9. The Landlord reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the Winner if the Winner has provided the Landlord or the Promoter with false information or if the Winner has not completed all the Landlord’s checks within seven days of the Prize being awarded.
10. There is a limit of one entry to the Competition per person. Entries on behalf of other people will not be accepted.
11. Anyone who is eligible to enter the Competition by satisfying these terms and conditions may do so save for:
i. Employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies who are professionally connected with the Competition;
ii. Employees, agents or suppliers of the Landlord; and
iii. Persons who have a current tenancy agreement, or who have ever in the part held a tenancy agreement, with Tipi Properties NW06 Limited or Tipi Properties NW01 Limited at the time that the Winner is chosen or persons who reside in any property owned by the Landlord at the time that the Winner is chosen.
12. The Prize will constitute the following:
i. No rent will be payable by the Winner for 12 months;
ii. The Winner will be required to pay a £1000 security deposit, which will be registered by the Landlord in a government approved tenancy deposit scheme;
iii. Utilities and 40mb/s broadband will be provided, and the Winner will not be charged for their use, subject to the usage terms set out in the Tenancy Agreement;
iv. The Winner will be required to pass the Landlord’s referencing checks;
v. The Winner will have to sign the Tenancy Agreement;
vi. The Winner will have to provide a valid passport and/or visa in person at the Landlord’s Headquarters; and
vii. The Winner will have the right to choose whether the apartment will be unfurnished or furnished. If the apartment is furnished, the furniture will be supplied by the Landlord’s furniture supplier and will include: a sofa, armchair, coffee table, media unit, dining table and chairs, two double beds, bed side tables and a chest of drawers. A rug and artwork will be optional. White goods (including a washing machine, refrigerator etc.) and built in, fitted wardrobes come as standard for both furnished and unfurnished apartments.
13. The Prize constitutes 12 calendar months’ rent-free accommodation in a two-bed apartment commencing on moving in between 15 February 2018 and 1 April 2018. In the event that the Winner wishes to move in at a later date, this will be at the discretion of the Landlord but the 12 calendar months will have started from 1 April 2018. The apartment must only be occupied by the Winner for his/her personal use and whoever is designated as fellow tenant(s) with full disclosure to the Landlord at the time of winning of the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt the Prize cannot be sub-let by the Winner.
14. The Winner agrees to be bound by the Tenancy Agreement. The Landlord reserves the right to terminate the tenancy in the event that the Winner breaches any obligations set out in the Tenancy Agreement. The Landlord further reserves the right to terminate the tenancy on or after six months by giving the Winner not less than two months’ written notice pursuant to the break clause under the Tenancy Agreement in the event that the Winner’s behaviour is contrary to the behaviour of tenants in the Landlord’s tenant portfolio, this includes but is not limited to antisocial behaviour.
15. The Winner will be determined in the following way:
i. The Landlord and the Promoter will jointly decide the Winner;
ii. The Landlord and the Promoter will narrow down a shortlist of Entrants and arrange a call or Skype call to reconfirm details, eligibility and availability. The Entrants that pass will then go to a final panel shortlist from which the Winner will be selected. The Landlord will call the Winner to confirm and they will begin the referencing process; and
iii. In the event that the Landlord cannot proceed with the first Winner for any reason, the Landlord will award the Prize to the next pre-selected winner from the final panel shortlist until such time as a tenancy is executed.
16. All Entrants agree to the following with respect to data and intellectual property:
i. The Winner will produce a testimonial for the Landlord about their time living in the apartment;
ii. The personal information of all Entrants will be freely shared between the Promoter and the Landlord;
iii. All Entrants agree to be contacted by the Landlord regarding any apartments that may be on offer during and after the Competition. The Landlord will unsubscribe Entrants from their database only on written request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
iv. The Winner agrees to the Landlord’s use of their name and image to announce the results of the Competition and for other reasonable promotional purposes;
v. The Winner agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity by the Promoter and the Landlord after the Competition, including the 12 month rental period. This includes, but is not limited to interviews, videos and photographs; and
vi. By entering the Competition all Entrants agree that any personal information supplied may be held and used by the Promoter, its agents and suppliers to administer the Competition.
17. After the Competition and the expiration of the Prize:
i. The Winner may renew their tenancy with the Landlord and remain in the apartment at the market rent supplied at the time pursuant to the Tenancy Agreement; and
ii. The Landlord reserves the right to reference the Winner again at that time.
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now