The Easter holidays aren’t just an excuse to hunt for chocolate eggs, they’re the perfect time to get out and about for the first school break since the days got longer and lighter and the weather (hopefully) got better.
To celebrate, we’ve put together a Time Out guide to the best family day trips out of town – from caves to coast to castles. Plus we’ve teamed up with Thames and Great Northern to offer you the chance to win a family mini-break in the heart of London.
Win a two-night family adventure
The prize is a family stay at a top hotel and time to enjoy some of London’s loveliest child-friendly experiences. It includes:
– Return travel for two adults and two children to London
– Two nights’ accommodation at a centrally located hotel
– Breakfast each morning in the hotel restaurant
– Entrance into ZSL London Zoo for two adults and two children including a VIP
– A Meet the Animals experience, where you can choose from lions, tigers, giraffes, penguins, meerkats, kangaroos or rainforest animals
– Dinner for two adult and two children at a restaurant of your choice
For your chance to win this amazing prize, just answer the following question correctly and you’ll be entered into our prize draw.
Located within Marylebone’s Sportsman Casino, Zaman is a strictly over-18s restaurant. The kitchen is headed up by Bangladeshi chef Mahmud Zaman who has put together a Middle Eastern and European fusion menu. Zaman also hosts an Arabian disco and bellydancing events but it’s worth noting that this entertainment is suspended each year during Ramadan. All the food served at Zaman is Halal. Dishes include chargrilled steak with fondant potato, wilted spinach and onion puree or try a Zaman special such as the lamb biryani or grilled lobster tail. Vegetarians are well catered for with dishes such as the Mediterranean vegetable cake with creamed spinach and poached egg or take your pick from traditional Indian cuisine. The wine list is small but there's a Champagne list if you’re here for a special occasion.