Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
Time Out Submission (Review or Commentary) Competition
Terms and Conditions
HOW TO ENTER
This competition (the “Competition”) is organised by Time Out England Limited (“Time Out”) in association “Containerville” Max Barney Limited (the “Prize Provider”). We want you to send us a description of your business and what it does, and how moving into one of Containerville's new offices will help you to grow in 100 words or less (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/win-free-office-rental-for-a-year-with-containerville between 15 June 2018 and 30 June 2018 for your chance to be selected to win one year's free office rental in the heart of East London worth £12k.
HOW IT WORKS
Complete your entry by submitting your entry, from which one winner will be selected by a panel of judges composed of will select their favourite Entry from the submissions.
GENERAL NARRATIVE (REVIEW OR COMMENTARY) COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition begins at 12:15am on 15 June 2018 (the “Start Date”). Competition closes at 11:45pm on 30 June 2018 (the “End Date”).
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18 with a B1 class business, not retail, except employees of Time Out and the Prize Provider.
- Multiple entries will not be accepted.
- By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. You agree that we may cut, edit or arrange your Entry where appropriate to appear in print or on-line.
- The winners will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on or before 24 July 2018.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges composed of Containerville’s Ama Samra, Michael Chudzynski and Shraga Zaltzman
- The prize package includes one year's free rental of a self contained office (up to 6 desks) at Containerville in Bethnal Green (worth £12k), including WiFi & electricity (the “Prize Package”).
- The Competition Prize Package will be provided by Containerville and is subject to their terms and conditions available at the bottom section of this page.
- The winner must be aged 18 or over.
- All entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity relating to the promotion which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain any publication rights and/or release rights before Entries are entered into the Competition. Time Out and the Prize Provider will not accept any responsibility for the publication of Entries which do not have publication rights and/or release rights cleared by the writer of the Entry. Publication rights and/or release rights may need to be cleared by the writer if they include the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or similar of any individual without their express permission.
- All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
- The winning Entry will be chosen by the Panel of Judges based on editorial value of the Entry.
- The Winner will be notified using the contact information they submitted when uploading their Entry. The Winner may be asked to provide identification. A Winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
- The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out England Limited, 77 Wicklow Street, London, WC1X 9JY or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 August 2018.
- The Panel of Judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
- Time Out accepts no liability of Prize Provider fails to deliver the Prize Package.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and the Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and the Prize Provider and which prevents Time Out and the Prize Provider from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out nor the Prize Provider will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
- The Competition promoter is Time Out England Limited of 77 Wicklow Street, London, WC1X 9JY and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out England Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You will be required to enter into a tenancy agreement with Prize Provider. The tenancy agreement shall be a 24-month lease with a 12 month break, and the first 12 months are free of charge, inclusive of wifi, electricity, water and service charges.
- The winner will be required to meet with Prize Provider and send its company details to Prize Provider who will then prepare the tenancy agreement. The Prize Provider reserves the right to impose additional checks on the winner if required.
- Prize Provider shall confirm the winner’s details on Companies House before finalising the tenancy agreement.
- The winner must commence its tenancy agreement within three months of notification of winning the competition. If it does not do so, it will forfeit the prize.
- The tenancy agreement will contain all necessary terms and conditions relating to the winner’s occupation of the premises. These are non-negotiable.
- The office space is one container with space for up to 6 desks.
- Prize Provider and Time Out reserve the right to disqualify from the Competition any Entrant whose conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition. What constitutes the spirit and intention of the Competition will be determined by Prize Provider and Time Out in their reasonable discretion.
- Prize Provider reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the winner if the winner has provided the Landlord or the Promoter with false information or if the winner has not completed all the Prize Provider checks within seven days of the Prize being awarded.
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now