If you're like us and don't have a ticket to Hollywood's biggest night, there are plenty of Oscar viewing parties taking place this Sunday all throughout the city. Whether you want to dress up and pretend to be on the arm of a nominee like Leonardo DiCaprio—please, Academy, let the man finally win—or just want to watch the award show somewhere other than your living room, there's an event here for you.
1. mar'sel: The annual Oscars Viewing Party at mar'sel is not a low-key affair. Attendees can dress up in their flashiest attire for this event, which features a prix fixe menu by chef Andrew Vaughan—think pan roasted lobster and tournedos of beef with a twice baked potato and truffle bordelaise paired with champagne, special wine and cocktails. Attendees will also have the chance to win an overnight stay in an ocean-view room at Terranea Resort. If you can't get into the Governor's Ball, this might be the next best thing. Starts at 4pm; reservations required, 310-265-2836
2. The Association: If you're looking for something a bit more low-key, try The Association's viewing party complete with Oscars-inspired cocktails, HD Plasma TVs and surround sound. They also recommend dressing in your most fashionable attire. Starts at 5pm; free with reservations, email@example.com, $5 at the door
3. Sofitel: Presented by French Tuesdays and the Notice Network, attendees at this event will enjoy a red carpet, Oscar-themed cocktails, music and dancing as well as multiple TVs playing the award show throughout the venue. Starts at 3pm; tickets start at $15
4. Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room: This Oscars viewing party will feature snacks and cocktails with Oscar-nominated names like Spotlight, Bridge of Spies and We Can't Live Without Cosmos. Starts at 3:30pm; reserve a table at 310-388-6860
5. The Beverly Hilton: For 26 years, the Beverly Hilton has been rolling out their own red carpet for Night of 100 Stars. Here, you may even have the chance to rub elbows with some celebrities who were not invited to the Oscars—hey, at least you'll have something in common. This event will cost you, though; tickets are $1,000 plus a $25 service charge. 310-446-5416