The Dodgers have their first home game of the 2016 season tomorrow, Tuesday April 12 (at 1:10pm against the Arizona Diamondbacks, if you're interested), which means baseball season will have officially begun in LA. We couldn't be more excited (peanuts! cracker jack! doyer dogs!), although there are also a few downsides to America's favorite pastime being such a big deal in our city. Here, we list out the game-related pros and cons we'll experience over the next six months.
1. Free fireworks! (If you know where to park or hike.)
2. Those days when your boss lets you go home early because she's going to the game.
3. Your sunflower seed habit ceases to look quite so strange.
4. Beer just tastes better in the stands.
6. Dodger Yoga!
7. So many babes on the field....
8. It's a perfect excuse to check out Echo Park before or after the game.
9. The bars are always full, so you know exactly where to go if you're a baseball fan, single and ready to mingle.
10: There are twice as many danger dog carts out.
1. There are twice as many danger dog carts out.
3. The distant sound of fireworks wakes you up, scares you/your dog, and is just generally pretty annoying.