The Pope is coming to New York and everyone is talking, er, tweeting about it. Hell, there’s more buzz over where Pope Francis will be staying than the free Beyoncé concert in Central Park. We already told you everything you need to know to survive this insane week, but what we were not prepared for is all the Pope-themed merchandise, which is now causing our bank accounts to dwindle. Two words: Pope toaster.
If you want to commemorate the Pope being in town instead of braving the crowds for the ultimate photo op, here’s some Pope-tastic merch.
1. Artuso Pastry Shop is now the home of the original Pope Francis Cookie. Just one bite is all it takes for a religious experience.
Photograph: Courtesy Artuso Pastry
2. 7-11 is selling Pope plush dolls ($20). Francis looks good in doll form, no?
Photograph: Courtesy imgur.com
3. Pick up the solar-powered waving Pope tchotchke ($25) at Kikkerland. Every time a beam of light shines on him, the Pope will give you a wave to reassure you that everything will be okay. #Blessed.
Photograph: Courtesy Kikkerland
4. “Toast the Pope,” (no really), thanks to Toastthepope.com.
Photograph: Courtesy toastthepope.com
5. Last but not least, the Pope has his own za, you guys! Ribalta is now serving a yellow tomato-topped pizza featuring the colors of the Vatican (yellow heirloom tomatoes, white buffalo ricotta around the crust and topped with fresh basil).