Now that true spring weather is here we pretty much want to spend all of our time in the park—and here's one more way to do that this summer.
The second annual Ozy Fest is coming to Rumsey Playfield in Central Park on July 22, and it will host a bevy of popular entertainers and celebrities. Fest co-founder Carlos Watson calls it "TED meets Coachella" because of its interactive and cultural vibe covering everything from comedy to education to news.
The fest is a hybrid of talks from celebs like late-night host Samantha Bee, author Ta-Nehisi Coates, television personality and drag queen RuPaul and more; performances from Jason DeRulo, Talib Kweli and others; and food from Baohaus chef Eddie Huang. It's an eclectic lineup for the masses!
- Jason Derulo; singer songwriter
- Samantha Bee; comedian and host of "Full Frontal with Samantha Bee" on TBS
- Issa Rae; actress, writer and star of hit show "Insecure" on HBO
- Eddie Huang; world renowned restaurateur, chef, food personality and author
- RuPaul; Emmy award-winning TV star of "RuPaul’s Drag Race" on VH1
- Zara Larsson; singer songwriter
- Van Jones; CNN political contributor, author and social activist
- Talib Kweli; hip-hop recording artist, entrepreneur and social activist
- Malcolm Gladwell; journalist and best-selling author, "The Tipping Point," "Blink"
- Katie Couric; Yahoo! global news anchor
- Ta-Nehisi Coates; author and journalist; national correspondent for The Atlantic
- Adam Grant; professor at Wharton School of Business; best-selling author, "Originals" and "Give and Take"
- Von Miller; Super Bowl MVP, linebacker for the Denver Broncos
- Whitney Wolfe; founder & CEO of Bumble, co-founder of Tinder
- Grover Norquist; founder and president of Americans for Tax Reform
- Michael Moe; founder, chairman, and CEO of GSV Asset Management
- London Kaye; street artist and crochet artist