We're always amazed by the creativity of contestants at the Tompkins Square Park Halloween Dog Parade, which took place on Saturday. This year was no exception: Among the more clever outfits we saw were pups dressed as Evita, E.T. and one of the sandworms from Beetlejuice. Unsurprisingly, some of the costumes had a political bent: we found at least one dog dressed as unemployed Big Bird, as well as a pup sandwiched in a binder full of dogs. But our favorite by far: "Mutt Romney," a pooch in a Little Tykes plastic car (with an effigy of Romney's dog Seamus tied to the roof) that was festooned with the sign "47% of dogs rely on their masters." Click through for even more of our favorite dogs in costume.
RECOMMENDED: All Halloween, NYC coverage
You might also like
- Kostume Kult organized an impromptu Halloween celebration in lower Manhattan (slide show)
- Fire in the Hole-O-Ween at Nowhere (slide show)
- The ten most over-the-top parties in New York City history
- Judging the Tompkins Square Park Halloween Dog Parade (slide show)
- The worst Valentine's Day gift ever? I love you, here's a replica of my junk