We’d chase down superb Szechuan cuisine whether it’s a tiny mom-and-pop run operation in Flushing or a more upscale setting like the recently-opened Hutong. Cafe China strikes a great balance with a 1930s glam vibe of Shanghai and dishes, from pork dumplings in chili oil to spicy cumin lamb, that make the wait worth it.
Time Out says
- 13 E 37th St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Fifth and Madison Aves
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 34th St–Herald Sq
- Average main course: $17. Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Daily 11am–3pm, 6:30–10pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video