“I first moved to New York in the fall of 2009, and was taken with the colors and the pleasant weather,” recalls Rogers. “I’m a huge fan of flannels and cardigans, and the more colorful [they are], the better. I’m a strong advocate for lots of color in a city where black is very popular.”
SPIN HIS STYLE
Superdry Lumberjack Brush shirt, $84, at Superdry, 716 Seventh Ave at 58th St (212-644-2970)
“I’m also a huge fan of the vintage and consignment shops in New York. I love Rags-A-Gogo(218 W 14th St between Seventh and Eighth Aves; 646-486-4011) and Duo, pictured (337 E 9th St between First and Second Aves; 212-777-7044, duonyc.com). By thrifting, I’m able to find flannels and cardigans that have character,” says Rogers.
We asked our favorite fashion insiders to reveal their fall fashion essentials, and found similar affordable options that you can buy now. Jamar Rogers, one of the semi-finalists on singing competition The Voice on NBC, picks colorful options to make his fall outfits pop. For more essential mens styles, check out what fashion blogger Bryanboy and Paper magazine's Mickey Boardman are obsessing over.
RECOMMENDED: See all of this year's fall fashion content
You might also like
- Fashion blogger Bryanboy picks his fall fashion essentials
- Paper magazine’s Mickey Boardman picks his fall fashion essentials
- Best accessories for men spring 2013: wallets, watches and more
- Spring fashion trend: Looks inspired by country music
- The best men’s jackets and cardigans to buy for fall 2012