Thousands of yogis took part in Solstice in Times Square, an annual event that marks the longest day of the year. Free yoga classes were held throughout the day—one was taught by Rajashree Choudhury, the wife of Bikram Choudhury (the guy who put his name to hot yoga)—transforming the city’s busiest thoroughfare into a peaceful oasis.
You might also like
- CBGB Festival: Live photos of My Morning Jacket, Grizzly Bear and more (slide show)
- Street fashion at Electric Daisy Carnival New York 2013
- Trend watch: Zipper-adorned accessories and shoes
- Super Bowl Boulevard: Photos and highlights from Times Square
- New York City apartment tour: Two-bedroom loft in Soho