In which we combine two of our favorite things ever: taking a lovely stroll and outdoor drinking. This walk takes you from the hip streets of Williamsburg to Girls enclave Greenpoint via our pick of drinkeries. Fans of nondouchey rooftop bars and an unhurried (read: mildly inebriated) stroll will dig this day out. We'll even go so far as to say that our picks are among the best date spots in Greenpoint you can find.
RECOMMENDED: Find more NYC tours and walks
• Hop on the L train to Bedford Ave. Head northwest on North 7th St toward Bedford Ave and make a right on Berry St for Berry Park(4 Berry St, 718-782-2829, berryparkbk.com), an enormous beer hall where German and Belgian brews are the favorites on tap.
• Stroll north on Berry St toward North 14th St and make a right on Franklin St, where you’ll find Northern Territory(12 Franklin St, 347-689-4065, northernterritorybk.com). Head up to the roof deck with its one-sided views of Manhattan (the other view is of the BQE—welcome to Brooklyn!), grab a picnic table and order some Australian grub washed down with a Convict cocktail.
• Continue to head north on Franklin St (toward Meserole Ave) to another neighborhood favorite, The Diamond(43 Franklin St, 718-383-5030, thediamondbrooklyn.com), where you can sit on a gondola in the garden.
• Just a short crawl further north on Franklin St is Broken Land(105 Franklin St, 718-349-2901, brokenlandbar.com), which has a cool day-drinking menu. Finish your walk with a handcrafted cocktail on the wooden deck in the backyard.
• After that, we suggest you walk home, because you, my friend, are drunk.