Last month, Billboard broke the news that Roseland Ballroom, the historic midtown music venue that's played host to just about every single major artist (and then some) in recent years, would close next spring. Now the concert hall has announced its final shows: None other than Lady Gaga will play Roseland's last shows, with a four-night run from March 28 to April 2.
Tickets go on sale to the general public via Ticketmaster on Monday, November 25, at 10am; general admission is $50, and you can also get mezzanine seats for $200. Commemorative tickets will be given to each patron at the show. But Gaga superfans get early access: Members of the Lady Gaga fan site Little Monsters should receive instructions today on how to get tickets before the general sale.
It stinks that Roseland is closing—we have fond memories of seeing Echo and the Bunnymen there long ago and, more recently, Radiohead's intimate gigs in 2011—but if it's gotta go, at least it'll go out with a bang. (And probably some crazy art pieces, or a flying dress, or…well, it's Gaga, so who knows?)
You might also like
- 21 things that only make sense to New Yorkers
- Judging the Tompkins Square Park Halloween Dog Parade (slide show)
- Quiz: How friendly of a New Yorker are you?
- Summer Jam 2014: Photos of Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil Wayne, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent and more
- Word on the street: 10 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week