This weekend at the ICAC, the Sydney Symphony Orchestra will perform John Williams' immortal score live to two screenings of the original 1977 Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope. And yes, tickets are still available.
To mark the occasion, we have come up with a top ten puns uniting Star Wars: Episode IV quotes with references to orchestral music. See below.
Now, to be clear, we didn't say ten good puns – just the ten best ones we could think of. You're welcome.
10. "It is a period of civil war in the orchestra pit..."
9. "May the fortissimo be with you."
8. "These aren't the drums you're looking for."
7. "Han Soloist. I'm Captain of the Minim Falsetto."
6. "I find your lack of flutes disturbing."
5. "When I left you I was but a learner. But now I am the concertmaster."
4. "Stay on tempo!"
3. "Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows the conductor?"
2. "Use the French horns, Luke!"
1. "Help me Oboe-Wan, you're my only harp."