1. Saelia Aparicio Torinos's phallic, fragile blown-glass characters:
2. Jamie Fitzpatrick’s gloopy, grotesque, animatronic mess of a sculpture, ‘The King’:
3. ‘Citadel’, David Donald’s deceptively simple but quietly confident little painting:
4. Zarina Muhammad’s two confrontationally silly films, mixing morph-suit dancing and cutesy pink digital animation with shocking war imagery:
5. Lana Locke’s distended and oddly fleshy protrusion, ‘Violent Womb Form (i)’:
6. Reece Straw’s touching look at the 70-year-old owner of a decrepit regional gym.
7. ‘Cloud Cast #2’ by Janina Lange, a crumbly-looking bronze cast of a 3D-printed cloud:
© All images courtesy of the artists, Bloomberg New Contemporaries and the Institute of Contemporary Art.
'Bloomberg New Contemporaries' is at the Institute of Contemporary Arts until January 22 2017.
Read more of our London art features
Snap up exclusive discounts in London
Time Out's handpicked deals — hurry, they won't be around for long...