No, a ‘cloud egg’ is not some sort of edible fart. It's a new, and relatively disturbing way of cooking eggs that makes them look like a mixture between a meringue and a little bit of cat sick. And now they’re a food trend, which means that even though we really don’t want to eat one, we do want to ‘gram one.
They haven’t made it onto the menu at any London restaurant yet, but it’s probably only a matter of time. In the meantime, here’s the recipe – so you too can lose your dignity and live life for the Insta likes.
1. Separate the yolk from the white.
2. Whisk the egg white and fold in any added ingredients you want to add. There’s a lot of talk about little cubes of bacon online but we reckon that won’t be very photogenic.
3. Place the whipped white ‘clouds’ on a baking tray, leaving dips in the middle to add yolks later.
4. Bake at 230 degrees celsius for five to eight minutes.
5. Put the egg yolk in the middle of the cloud and return to the oven for three minutes.
6. Take that picture. Post.
7. If they look anything like this, chuck them, maybe?
Love a food trend? Check out our review of Bubblewrap.