Voting is now open for our Love London Awards, giving you the chance to pick the places you love – from bars and cafés to parks and culture spots – and get Time Out shouting about them. Voting closes on April 10, and until then we’ll be providing you with some inspiration by pulling together some of your cherished London hangouts through the medium of Instagram.
Today’s spotlight is on London’s LGBTQ scene, a vibrant community our beautifully diverse city is famed for. Globetrotters gather in hoards to experience our gay, lesbian and LGBT+-friendly clubs and bars in the capital – from Soho's world famous Heaven to deliciously dingy newcomers like East Bloc.
1. The Glory in East London opened only two years ago and is already hailed as one of London’s best drag spots.
2. She Soho is now London’s only exclusively lesbian bar, drawing women from across the city and the world.
3. The much-loved Dalston Superstore is a super-inclusive hangout.
4. Formerly Vogue Fabrics, VFD is another east London LGBTQ favourite.
5. Possibly London’s coolest club night, the mega-glam Sink The Pink has a fanatically devoted following.
6. Hidden beneath Waterloo station is the UK’s biggest hombre-only haunt, XXL.
7. The Royal Vauxhall Tavern is a hub of the scene that’s been defended from closure by the community.
8. Regularly named as one of London’s favourite hangouts, Ku Bar provides hot competition for Soho’s title.