This nineteenth-century, Grade II-listed pub was once called the King of Prussia, before it changed its name to this altogether more-patriotic moniker shortly after Edward VII's death in 1910. It's known by locals today as the King Eddie.
It's been sympathetically renovated but remains divided by ornately tiled walls and frosted-glass dividers. There's a sunken bar, too, as well as a dark-wood saloon bar, a back room and a little patio out back.
Beer is a focus, with draught options including Deuchars IPA, Timothy Taylor's Landlord, Adnam's Broadside and Hopback Summer Lightning. There's food of a gastropub bent, too – think dishes such as confit duck leg, steak and chips, and posh burgers.