The West End has a reputation for being expensive, and the best shows can look like they're sold out, but there are in fact lots cheap theatre tickets in London… if you know how to get them. Here are our tips on where to find them, how to get cheap London theatre tickets, and the best ways to get last minute tickets to sold out London theatre shows.
• Most major theatres and West End shows will offer day-seats, which are held in reserve until the morning of the show and can usually only be purchased in person at the box office.
• There are almost always discounts and offers for West End shows that aren't sold out – try Time Out Tickets and Offers.
• Also try the reliable non-profit Leicester Square ticket booth, aka Tkts. Located in Leicester Square's Clocktower Building since 1980, with a second outlet at Brent Cross, it's run by the Society of London Theatre and is several cuts above other, unofficial touts in the vicinity.
• Finally, remember that virtually every show will have previews prior to opening night, when the ticket prices are usually substantially cheaper. Bear in mind that this is because the production technically isn't finished yet, but often a the preview period is just precautionary.
If you're planning a visit to London and want to combine a show with a hotel stay, check out the best hotels in the West End.
How to get cheap theatre tickets for...
Latest theatre ticket offers
You might also like
- How the National Theatre became a hit factory
- Stephen Mangan interview: 'I’m delighted people still talk about "Green Wing"'
- Win tickets to the world premiere of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'
- Maxine Peake on capitalism and sleeping with the devil in ‘How to Hold Your Breath’
- Theatre interviews