Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
1. These terms and conditions (“Rules”) apply to Competition(s) featured by Time Out on its online website. By entering a Competition, entrants (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) agree to be bound by these Rules. Time Out reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on its online website. The Promoter of the Competition is Time Out Digital Limited, 4th floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8AD.
2. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition. There is no charge to register with Time Out website if you enter the competition online (internet). Entrants are responsible for the cost of their connection to the Competition web page via the Internet. Time Out does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Competition web page or website.
3. The Competition starts on August 11 2016 (“Start Date”), and ends on September 1 2016 British Time on (“End Date”).
4. Multiple entries per person is allowed (“Entry” or “Entries”). An Entry is allowed online (“Online Entry” or “Online Entries”). Online Entries should be made online via the Internet to a Time Out user review section of the website.
5. By entering the Competition You hereby warrant that all information submitted by You is true, current and complete. Time Out reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants. The contact details you provide with your Entry maybe used to send any prizes so you need to make sure it is correct. Time Out does not accept responsibility for lost, damages, invalid or illegible Entries.
6. Each Competition is open only to legal residents in the United Kingdom, who are at least the minimum age of 18 years old. Employees of Time Out, its agents, contractors and their family members, or any third party related to the administration of the Competition, are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Competition & Content: To take part into the Competition, you agree to send to Time Out a photograph and review (the “Content”) of a local place in London to meet the brief outlined within competition copy. To participate you upload your image and review via the user review section of each Time Out listing page.
You warrant and represent that any Content submitted by You to Us for the purpose of the Competition shall be taken by You.
You understand and undertake that any Content you submit to Us will not infringe intellectual property rights, copyrights, registered or unregistered trademark or proprietary rights of any third parties and any applicable Copyright and trademark regulations and laws.
You understand that you are responsible for the Content you provide to Time Out and you warrant and represent that any Content you submit to Us has been taken with the requisite written consent from any third party pictures or referenced if and where required by applicable law (including but not limited to video, audio, photos or any third party trademark or logos). If requested by Time Out, you agree to provide a written legal release for the use of the Content in a form that is satisfactory to Us. You understand that your Content must not defame or invade publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon legal rights.
You understand that Time Out reserves the right to reject any submitted Content it considers in its sole discretion to be immoral, objectionable, obscene, and profane or in violation of these Rules.
By taking part into this Competition, you hereby grant Time Out a worldwide royalty-free license to publish and produce your Content in its trade, advertising or promotion materials in any media, owned and operated and or licensed websites, mobile application for the purpose of administering, promoting or otherwise using to advertise this Competition in relation to the Competition and/or for other purposes described in the Competition including promotion of 'Time Out's Love Local Competition' and 'Time Out Love City Awards including Love London.'
8. Winners Selection: an Entry will be considered as a “Winner” or “Runners-Up” if the Content has been considered as an original and interesting photo and review of London within the brief outlined by a panel of judges from Time Out Editorial Team which will select the Winner and Runners-Up for the purpose of this Competition. The Winner and the Runners-Up will be contacted by Time Out by telephone or email within forty-eight (48) hours from the End Date of Competition and are required to confirm acceptance of the Prize within three (3) days of notification. If Time Out is unable to contact a Winner or if a Winner is unable to confirm its acceptance of the Prize, Time Out reserves the right to select another Prize Winner drawn in accordance of these Rules. Time Out shall have no liability to previously selected Prize Winners who have not responded on time. Time Out reserves the right to ask the Winner to provide a proof an age and/or country of residence. Winners may be announced on Time Out website for at least thirty (30) days’ after the Prize has been awarded and as such Time Out will have the right (without additional permission) to use their names, age and town/city for that purpose and they maybe requested by Time Out to participate in post-event publicly both in paper and online.
9. Prize. The prize as described is available on the date of the publication of the Competition. The prize provider is Time Out (“Prize Provider”). The prize can be redeemed from the Prize Provider between at the dates indicated below. There is only one Winner to the prize and there will be between five and ten runners up depending on the quality of entries. The Winner will receive a meal voucher for a London restaurant to the value of £150.00 GBP as well as top placement on Time Out's article featuring the 'Love Local Competition.' The five (5) Runners-Up will not receive a gift but will be featured on Time Out's article featuring the 'Love Local Competition.' The prize is non-transferable. No cash alternative is available for the prize. In the unlikely event that the prize should become unavailable, Time Out reserves the right to substitute a prize which it reasonably determines as being of equal value. Where any guests of the Winner are aged under 18 years old, they must have prior parental or guardian permission and muse be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years old or over when participating to the Prize. Time Out has no control over any relevant safety instructions that may be set out by the Prize Provider. It is the responsibility of the Winner to comply with the safety rules and other rules of the Prize Provider when taking up the Prize and to adhere to any health and safety guidelines as provided by the Prize Provider. Some event mays occur and render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Time Out and Time Out is not responsible for any cancellation of the prize by the Prize Provider.
11. Jurisdiction. The Competition, and the Rules, will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.