1. You’re treated like a magical unicorn when meeting L.A. transplants.
5. You understand why people in L.A. are afraid of rain, because you lived through El Niño.
7. Your entire middle school social calendar was booked with quinceañeras and bar/bat mitzvahs. Heated arguments ensued about which themes were better than others (“Casino Night” > “Winter Wonderland”).
21. You used to walk to Thrifty for a square-shaped scoop of ice cream that was only 25 cents. Now you shell out $1.99 at Rite Aid just for the nostalgia.
28. You can always call out what TV shows get wrong about L.A. (We’re talking to you, 90210. Beverly Hills High School is not walking distance from the beach. It will take you at least 30 minutes—probably more—in traffic to drive there.)