While pretty much all 8.4 million of us agree that New York is the greatest city in the world, there are certain other subjects that are up for constant debate, like the city's best restaurant or best bartender. Yet, for such opinionated people, we can (mostly) all agree on these aspects of NYC life:
1. Walk on the right side, or risk joining the despised 10 percent of commuters who get (deservedly) stampeded by the rush of people who exit the subway correctly.
2. Pigeons are the rats of the sky, and are probably plotting against us.
3. The phrase “We’re experiencing delays due to a sick passenger” is the stuff of nightmares.
4. Central Park is a wonderful place, and anyone who says it's just an average park is unequivocally wrong.
5. The rent is too damn high!
6. There is a clear hierarchy of pest infestation problems. Mice > cockroaches > rats.
7. The above statement is void as soon as bed bugs enter the mix. They're our worst fear.
8. For all our complaining, we begrudgingly admit that there is something dazzling about Times Square at night.
9. That being said, Groping Elmo and his friends need to stay far away from us.
10. No matter how many times you've passed through Grand Central, that main hall is always awe-inspiring.
11. Whoever decided that New York is the worst city to be in during a zombie apocalypse is sorely mistaken. We have street smarts and we’re adaptable!
12. It’s a huge bummer when any long-standing piece of street art is painted over (R.I.P., 5 Pointz).
15. Pungent food of any variety should never be eaten on the train.
16. Bodega owners who keep their stores open all night are heroes and should be treated as such.
17. Cronuts are over, but if you have one we'll gladly take it off your hands and shove it into our mouths.