Who would've guessed that City Winery would be giving CityMD a run for their money when it comes to COVID-19 testing? 2020, yo. The wine bar–slash–restaurant–slash–music venue made news this fall when it added $50 COVID rapid tests to its menu for those who wanted to dine indoors.
Now that indoor dining is banned yet again in NYC, the venue is tweaking its coronavirus special: You can get a free COVID test with the purchase of a case of wine. The holiday promotion, which rolled out earlier this week, will be available on December 29th and 30th ahead of New Year's celebrations. (The $50 tests are also still available for anyone who doesn't want to buy 12 bottles of vino.)
The promotion is in partnership with Accurex Diagnostic Services, which is overseeing and administering all of the 15-minute rapid tests. Accurex was reportedly in talks with three other restaurants when the indoor dining ban was issued, reports the New York Post.
Most popular on Time Out
- Jupiter and Saturn’s Great Conjunction will be visible from NYC tonight
- 11 things we can actually look forward to in NYC in 2021
- The Dyker Heights Christmas Lights Guide 2020
- This is NYC’s largest heated outdoor dining experience
- The coolest drive-thru Christmas lights near NYC
Want to know what’s cool in the city before your friends do? Sign up to our newsletter for the latest and greatest from NYC and beyond.