- - 2 600g plate size snapper, cleaned
- - 1 lemon, sliced into disks
- - 1 sprig of mint
- - 60ml olive oil
- - Salt and pepper
- - 1 fennel bulb, sliced finely
- - 1 cup of torn mint leaves
- - ½ cup broad beans, podded and shelled
- - 10 zucchini flower petals
- - 2 x zucchini, sliced lengthways
- - ½ cup fennel fronds
- - Pinch of fennel pollen (find it in the spice section)
- - Juice of a lemon
- - 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- - Preheat oven to 220°c
- - Score snapper with a sharp knife and season liberally, inside and out, with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- - Place lemon slices and mint sprig in the snapper’s cavity and rest in a roasting tray. Place in the oven to cook for 10-14 minutes.
- - Slice fennel and zucchini finely using a Japanese mandolin for best results and place in a bowl large enough to hold the salad. Add mint, broad beans, zucchini petals and fennel fronds to the bowl.
- - When the flesh of the fish gives with light pressure remove from the oven and place on a serving plate.
- - Mix lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil together and dress the salad, season with salt and pepper and place by the side of the fish.
- - Dress the entire plate with a few lugs of olive oil and sprinkle with the fennel pollen.
- - Enjoy your meal with James Squire's The Swindler Summer Ale.