This long standing Bondi Rd corner pub is now owned by Merivale. Rather than gutting and reduxing it entirely, they've kept some of the venue's scuzzy charm that's kept locals returning to the pub since it first opened way back in 1907. To this end there's retro maroon patterned carpets, big red communal pool tables and band posters splayed across the walls.
The Merivale edge comes into effect via the drinks – the list has been refreshed, complete with Daiquiris, Boilermakers, bottled Negronis and Espresso Martinis on tap. There's even a vending machine packed out with cold tins. Wine wise, they are focusing on Australian producers doing rosés and low intervention wines. For now it's just drinks on offer, but come summer they'll be hosting a pop-up restaurant out in the courtyard.