It’s not known exactly when this house was built, but parts are thought to date from the 1820s. Originally called St Leonards Cottage (most of North Sydney as it is now was once called St Leonards), it was part of the Wollstonecraft Estate granted to Edward Wollstonecraft in 1825. The house was bought by North Sydney Council in the 1970s and restored with assistance from heritage groups: it is now a community museum. As well as visiting exhibitions, its permanent displays include kitchen objects from the times of the early settlers and other historical items. The building itself is significant:?it’s one of the few surviving examples of an early timber-slab house. Open Museum 1-4pm Wed, Sun. Garden 7am-7pm daily. Admission $1; 50¢ reductions. No credit cards.
|Venue name:||Don Bank Museum|
6 Napier Street