The Eternity Playhouse is situated in a restored and renovated heritage-listed building from 1887, formerly operating as the Baptist Tabernacle. The venue is named after Sydney personality Arthur Stace, also known as ‘Mr Eternity’ for his practise of chalking the word around Sydney’s streets for over three decades. It was in this church that Stace heard the sermon that inspired him to spread his message.
The Eternity Playhouse opened November 2013, under the management of Darlinghurst Theatre Company.
|Venue name:||Eternity Playhouse||Contact:|
39 Burton Street
|Opening hours:||Box office: Mon-Fri 9.30am-5.30pm|