Holiday like a movie star and stay at one of these five hotels that feature in this year’s Oscar-nominated films
Time Out Promotion
Get into the glitz and glamour of red carpet season by taking a look of these Oscar-worthy getaways selected by the team at Booking.com. They’ve picked the most opulent international escapes from their network of over 855,000 properties across the globe – all of which feature in a film nominated for the 2016 Academy Awards. Prepare your acceptance speech, as these luxury hotel breaks will have you feeling like a Hollywood star.
1. Make like spies at Germany’s Guest House Villa Fritz in Potsdam The Glienicke Bridge in Potsdam, Germany, is prominently featured in the Best Picture nominee Bridge of Spies, which is just a short walk away from the Guest House Villa Fritz – a grand building fit for re-enacting scenes from the Cold War movie – or, an ideal spot for a picturesque escape from the city.
2. Get back to your Irish roots at Wilton Castle, Ireland Fans of the globally adored Brooklyn will love exploring Enniscorthy, the hometown of the film’s protagonist, Ellis. Spend an evening in South Ireland’s lovingly restored Wilton Castle, which dates back to the 13th century but has all the comforts of a modern hotel.
3. Discover yourself at Nimb Hotel, Copenhagen Located in Copenhagen’s must-see Tivoli Gardens, this boutique hotel features in Tom Hoppers’ latest masterpiece The Danish Girl. Housed in an impressive Moorish-style building, the hotel features elegantly furnished guest rooms with views over the beautiful gardens. The hotel recently topped Conde Nast Traveller’s The Gold List and it’s touted as one of the nation’s best hotels.
4. Take a bite of the big apple at The Plaza, New York This internationally renowned hotel is as characteristically New York today as it was when it opened its doors over a century ago. With a rich on-screen history dating back to the ’50s, it’s no surprise that the team behind Todd Haynes’ Carol decided to use The Plaza’s historic Oak Room bar as the setting for its finale.
5. Get the scoop at The Press Hotel, Portland Situated in the building formerly occupied by the Portland Press Herald, the hotel is furnished with classic typewriters and vintage desks, staying true to its newspaper industry heritage. As you take a drink in the hotel’s bar, you’ll be seated in the same spot as the actors from Best Picture Spotlight, which was once home to the newspaper’s busy city room and features in the lauded movie.